1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just installed vBSEO! - The "My Experience" Thread.

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Dubz, May 22, 2007.

1. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    30% increase in Google traffic and 50% increase in traffic sent by Yahoo. The threads that used to come at #30 onwards are now being ranked at #6 - #20. I must mention that I haven't done any off-site SEO after installing vBSEO.

I am quite satisfied with what vBSEO has delivered so far which is indeed much more than just the plain `ol url rewritting.

Endurer, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  2. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    I installed this 156+ days ago... Where does time go!?

Bloggeries Blog Forum

Indexed pages in major search engines:

Yahoo: 21,500 was 842

Google: 2620 was 1080

MSN: 8130 was 739

Threads: 1,587, Posts: 6,721, Members: 1,006, Active Members: 444

was

Threads: 279, Posts: 916, Members: 199, Active Members: 164

It has gone up considerably on all accounts however it has been a few months and the forum is much busier.

The search engine traffic which has increased most drastically is the wordpress theme related search queries. You'd be surprised what people search for regarding wordpress themes as well as whats in there to find it.

The forum is ALOT busier but is that thanks to vBSeo I don't know :D

Dubz, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You've also promoted your forum through other sources. While vBSEO may have helped, I'd not give them all the credit. After all, you've pushed hard for what you've gotten, and YOUR efforts are certainly showing.

Try it again with just that product and see where it gets you. It's like a diet pill, it does not do all that much unless you get your diet together and exercise. ;)

I'm not saying it's worthless mind you...but YOUR efforts did just as much, if not more, then simply installing a product.

Qryztufre, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  4. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Very fair comment you made. I threw that at the end to say I think it IS helping.

I do get lots of wordpress traffic so if you are a designer start adding your themes!

I have also spent hours promoting in other forums and various various various ways of getting the word out. Would my forum still be doing well without vBSEO. I'm sure it would be. Do I think it is helping me in search results - YES. Do I think the url's look alot nicer - Yes. Do I like vBSEO - YES.

Considering all the money I've spent wisely and foolishly online promoting the forum was the $135 i spent for vBSEO a solid investment - I'd say definitely and I'd install it again most likely. WHY NOT?

Better that then pay someone 2-500$ for a crappy blog post which I'm happy I Never did although was tempted once or twice on particularily SLOW forum days.

Dubz, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  5. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is very strange that Google is not indexing your pages very well.
    Google is usually the fastest, in my experience.

Velocity, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  6. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I find google the hardest to get indexed on for a large number of pages. Getting indexed is one thing, getting ALL your pages indexed is another.

Obviously I"m finding Yahoo the easiest to get indexed by a HUGE margin.

Dubz, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  7. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:
    its the age of your website, in my time of making websites I find that they get indexed best in this order

1. msn
    2. yahoo
    3. google

then over time you find that it will change and msn will start to have the lowest indexed pages of your website, I can already see it starting on your website as you can see yahoo has the most so its working its way up, what is the age of your website? (about 6-8 months?)

madkad, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  8. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    The website has been online since Dec 2005. Forum Dec 2006 but only seriously when the thread started a few months ago.

Dubz, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  9. kateido

kateido Peon

Best Answers:
    how u can find out how many pages it has index to different SE's?

kateido, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  10. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you want google to index the new pages, then build more backlinks.
    The more indexed pages + traffic you have, the more weight you'll have.
    Digital point's ad network co-op helps with this.

ForgottenCreature, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  11. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Click the links I gave and put your domain in :D

Dubz, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  12. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ya or you can go to google and type in site:domain.com with domain.com being your site url.

ForgottenCreature, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  13. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:

I started VBSEO after you and I am indexing webpages very fast in google

I find the days I get more threads and posts the more google like my site and the weeks these happen the site goes up in indexed pages.

madkad, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  14. webgk.com

webgk.com Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a lot and fast!

webgk.com, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  15. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello again,

Yes it's time for another Bloggeries Blog Forum VBSEO Update

Just when the dust was starting to settle on this little experiment I'm apparently at home on my PC on a Saturday afternoon with nothing better to do then update everyone on where the experiment stands.

If you want to find out when the experiment started and what the stats where click here for our first post.

As of the time of this posting these are current stats:

Note: Something I love about VBSEO is I don't have to write an anchor for ever link I use.

Yahoo : 25,500

Google: 6,720

MSN: 2,930

They all grew with Yahoo obviously being the most impressive. Oddly enough Google still sends the most traffic by a long shot. MSN is still asleep at the switch or something. If anyone has any suggestions to that I'd love to hear. I don't discriminate when it comes to search engine traffic; it's all good! :D

We'll see where it's at 1 year to the day or somewhere near that day. Would I have this number, less or more if I didn't install VBSEO? We'll never know. Am I satisfied with the investment? Yes.

Dubz, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  16. Eightrix

Eightrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Im sorry if this is not the place for my questions, but they are about VBSEO.

First, with VBSEO by number of google indexed pages were going, going untill they reached about 23,000. Then I changed the site title that shows all the way at the top of the browser and that is when the google indexed pages started to drop, and drop every other day (now 10,900) even though the number of posts and threads are growing. I though it could be because i changed the site title and then changed it back to what it was about a week ago, but the number of indexed pages continue to drop....any ideas of why this could be happening and how to fix it if it is related to VBSEO?

My second question is about linkbacks. LOl, what are they? All i see it is that most of the linkbacks are coming from the forum itself, which is strange. Is something supposed to happen when you click "linkback url", when i right click on it and open in new nage, it just takes me to http://www.llllllllllllllll.com/#. Some linkbacks are from other sites but doesn't this hurt your ranking that you are linking to other sites that link to you (like link exchange)?

Eightrix, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  17. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Eight,

Not sure what to say about #1. #2 basically all in links to the threads you see as an admin I"m assuming.

Dubz, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  18. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you believe it was because of VBSEO that you receieved better saturation? lol...it could be that your have more posts and threads don't ya think?

Also realistically it doesn't appear your saturation has grown that much in the past year even though you now have a lot more threads and posts.

Your G saturation is 6700...it was 2600 in Oct 2007 but you had about 7k posts...now you have 25k posts.

Maybe you are and maybe you aren't convinced that VBseo helped you but it doesn't take too much imagination to think that more posts would mean higher saturation.

It's my belief that PAYING for VBSEO is a total waste of money.

RectangleMan, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  19. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear ya, many many people share your opinion and that's cool.

Do I think better saturation is a result of more posts? Absolutely.
    Am I glad I bought VBSEO? Absolutely. I love search engine friendly URL's they look better. Also $150 is chump change in the running of a successful online business so I have 0 regrets and if I had another forum that I put a lot of effort into I'd probably buy VBSEO again. I've wasted way more then $150 on different marketing tactics which didn't ... "Pan out..."

As I said previously this is just my results let's not talk about it's validity there are tones of threads for that and we could all argue until we're blue in the face.

Best of luck regardless if you're using vbseo or not :D

Dubz, Apr 22, 2008 IP