1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just installed vBSEO! - The "My Experience" Thread.

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Dubz, May 22, 2007.

Helllllllllllllllllllo Dper's Worldwide!

So I see alot of talk about vBSEO. Some MAJOR promoters and some MAJOR haters. I looked at everything there was and made a decision based on the direction I want my forum to go and on my budget.

PLEASE NOTE: VBSEO has been debated to DEATH. Don't come in here and highlight how zoints is better or how it's a rip off or how I'd be better buying a PR7 link. This is purely to track my results and discuss vbSEO's benefits / cons with other users of the software / people who are interested.

IF you want to go on a rant please just do a search for vbseo and choose ANY OTHER thread as they have all sadly been converted into one.

So I bought this, then read all mixed reviews and was hessitant, than said who cares about naysayers?? I have the $ and I want this forum HUGE so I decided to go for it.

TO START:

Yahoo: 842

Google: 1080

MSN: 739

Let's see where things go; the forum is Bloggeries Blog Forum

Installation: Had the Corrupt issue, then searched and realized I had uploaded in ascii (Doh) assumed it was automatically binary but now i Know. I wonder how many other issues we've all had related to this b4?!

We'll see what happens,

Alittle background : I have NO PROBLEM getting indexed; the se's live on my site. Just I want more SE traffic from my forum; other parts of my site get 90% from SE's but the forum is really low so I thought lets start it.

The forum is new:

Threads: 279, Posts: 916, Members: 199, Active Members: 164

Now only time will tell. I"ll give an update every month or so as results inbetween will fluctuate which is expected...

Looking forward to this experiment; if you own a blog click here to join the fun!:cool:

Dubz, May 22, 2007 IP
  2. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looking forward to hearing about your success with vBSEO. :)

jward, May 22, 2007 IP
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yeah,

im using vRewrite - the free mod the rewrite SE friendly URLs, so i want to know what vbSEO can do better.

mikey1090, May 22, 2007 IP
  4. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mikey1090, May 22, 2007 IP
  5. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up. Let the games begin!

Dubz, May 22, 2007 IP
  6. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a lil bit confused you'll even remind of this thread after 30 days?

inworx, May 23, 2007 IP
  7. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    he means he will tell us how things are going each month, is it working, is it not etc

mikey1090, May 23, 2007 IP
  8. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    vBSEO does best but the problem is that All the search engines are showing Old URLs not optimized URLs i see only this problem.........what you guys have to say

totalmasala, May 23, 2007 IP
  9. Smithers

Smithers Banned

Best Answers:
    Never heard of Vrewrite then I went and looked at your site and it looks like it is exactly the same as vBseo.

I think vBseo is good some way's as it does give you a lot more traffic but it does make the URL's way longer.

Smithers, May 23, 2007 IP
  10. Maleek

Maleek Peon

Best Answers:
    vBSEO is very very nice especially how much traffic it brings the only problem I have with it is that it runs up cpu usages and causes server crashes if you set it to high!

Maleek, May 23, 2007 IP
  11. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want, you can configure your URLs to be shorter than vBulletin's, without keywords.

We provide a complete vBSEO Control Panel, that provides you with complete flexibility on how you want your URLs displayed.

One of the biggest factor's is achieving link consistency and concensus, removing all duplicate paths to the same content.

jward, May 23, 2007 IP
  12. Maksa

Maksa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is vBSEO really good? i am planing to buy so i want suggestions?

Maksa, May 26, 2007 IP
  13. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    My forum is currently experiencing a drop in forum pages which is according to plan. It's re-indexing the new url's and getting rid of dup content. I"m getting more search queries though that is for sure. The cool thing is now even moreso than previously it empowers me to make my forum a rich place for content matched with seo friendly URL's. I'm looking forward to it but only time will tell.

Therefor being a responsible member of this community I cannot recommend nor deter you as I don't have enough proof yet. I personally felt it was worth it so I did. Only time will tell if I made the right decision.:D

Dubz, May 28, 2007 IP
  14. Maksa

Maksa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    btw i already purchased it today. now even i am keeping eye on Search engine traffic. i hope it will work well with me :)

Maksa, May 28, 2007 IP
  15. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Increase the size of your log, mine is 100K set by the server so I can only get a "WINDOW" of activity compared to the whole thing. I am definately getting more SEO traffic. I am not monetizing with adsense or anything though.

Dubz, May 28, 2007 IP
  16. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it helps. I could post links of how it increase my forum traffic.. I wont if I still have them hosted. If i can find the images Ill post.. but anyway it increased forum traffic 300% over around 3 months.

Kalyse, May 28, 2007 IP
  17. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    I have vbseo installed and have earned back the money for my forum's software (vb) and have earned enough to purchase my vbseo license for another year.

That's good because it shows I'm earning, but its bad because that's all I'm earning, but will give a thumbs up to vbseo though.

I want my forum to start "now" and you cant have this type of mentality with forums as they take time to build, so I do not regret vbseo one bit and am happy I've earned.

I'm placing in the first page for most if not all searches and I get just a little over 150 uniques daily, but has been as high as 500 uniques daily.

In case your wondering, vbseo is good and has done wonders for me.

My forum has
    Threads: 11,673
    Members: 3,270

Will be hitting 25k posts soon and vbseo will help!

YourSiteKindaBlows, May 31, 2007 IP
  18. foulplay

foulplay Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had lots of Succes with Vbseo. The support is awesome and the staff very friendly. I highly recommend.

foulplay, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  19. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Start:
    Threads: 279, Posts: 916, Members: 199, Active Members: 164

Right Now:
    Threads: 332, Posts: 1,145, Members: 238, Active Members: 198

It's been 10 days... Check out my google links it's increased.

This is supposed to be checked monthly so I"ll give a full update then as we all know these things fluctuate in the beginning. The forum was growing before but the amount of search queries I'm pulling in is ridiculous. My site was spidered well to start with but this is great.

Also the tech support has been great. I still haven't fixed the Blog Templates folder but I haven't opened a ticket either.

Rob

Dubz, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  20. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    In what way you consider forum good?

vBSEO makes forum looks ugly, though its good for SEO...thats my opinion.

inworx, Jun 2, 2007 IP