1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just how important is regularly updating of content/site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pedigreechump6, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Alan Murray

Alan Murray Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay I understand what you are saying and I disagree with some of what you are saying. We will leave it at that?

We are getting away from the question asked by the thread starter.

Alan Murray, Jan 24, 2007 IP
    thegypsy likes this.
  2. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right, thanks for clearing a few things up for me. I will put all the advice to good use for sure.

pedigreechump6, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  3. lfcfan

lfcfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I have a 2 months old blog and I used to update it regularly, started getting many visitors from google. It went up to 200 visitors/day. But then I had a week holiday and didnt update the blog. After that week, I had only 20 visitors from google. Now again I am updating it regularly, now the number of visitors from google search again increased to 100........

lfcfan, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  4. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:

It's the beauty of SEO - a limited rule book. Debate is what get's us closer to the answers :D

thegypsy, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  5. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thegypsy

dude, don't reveal too much SEO. I don't want competition :D

I think I agree 95% of what you have said in those SEO threads. I find you know quite a lot of SEO.

Sometimes I am very tempted to say this and that to clear things out for people, but realizing helping them could be chocking myself. So I often do NOT hit "Submit Reply" button after writing bunch of stuff.

Good reading though.

coolsitez, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  6. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:

U know it’s a funny thing – I have been in the game for a long time, but only recently started on forums, teaching younger SEOs, writing articles because of one fact

Misconceptions

There were just too many. I got tired of uneducated/unrealistic clients, seeing newsletters with blatant BUNK in my in-box, requests like “How much to get my site to a PR5?” and so on…. SEO was quickly getting a bad name and I felt that adding as much ‘reality’ back into the mix as possible, could only be a good thing for me, other and future SEOs….

So here I am – for now

An educated consumer is always easier to deal with.... IMHO Condom as always... :D

7. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%...now who are these younger SEO's that you are educating? and when does classes start?

oseymour, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  8. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    Dave has been helping me out a bit, he knows a lot of info on SEO and he loves to help from what I can see. I send only important questions to him though as I don't want to spread him thin :)

theseokit, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  9. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    There, some smart SEOers still around.

I would love to discuss some real tough questions openly but at the same time, I don't want some folks to know :D I'm bad.

Besides those typical theories among so-called SEO experts, I have found some stuff via my own experiences. I now basically apply those things for my sites. There are times that I simply admit that I don't know why Google or Yahoo! act the way they do in SERPs, but in many cases, the keywords I target always lead my sites to top 30.

I also discovered almost any site to get top 10 in MSN, too. Just don't PM me though. :D This was also a discovery through my SEO experience. Is yours more based on own experiences or articles and what other people said or discovered? Just wondered.

10. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    Better start your SEO service. Do you have any? My friend who got into SEO so badly and now he has his own web promotion service. It was a blessing for me to know him. I am pretty comfortable to know all about SEO stuff.

11. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:

I think that's an important part.. for sure... I read tons.. then I look at the 20 or so sites I manage (clients and ours) to see what commonalities I can find across the many data sets

A person comes in with one or 2 niche affiliate sites and believes what THEY are seeing is how it is... after 10 years and 100s of sites - in a variety of markets - I have a better over-all subjective view on things... Hands on is certainly important.. all theory and no application doesn't cut it...

12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So true, and that's why I can't stay away from Digital Point!

Jim4767, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  13. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just wondering what the dealio is with RSS feeds and how these figure in the updating content debate?

Some people say that they can help rankings, others seem to disagree. What thoughts do you guys have?

pedigreechump6, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  14. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    RSS Feeds allow you to tell the SE,s when you have new content. There also broken down into easier text the SE's read better.

theseokit, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  15. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure... they add some to the over-all site profile... I took them off one of my sites because they'd get indexed.. then folks would end up on that page searching for a term... that was no longer there...

The engines take a snapshot of the page... - since the content is CONSTANTLY changing... when some one ended up on my site as a result of searching a term found on the page (previously) would end up there with a sort of
    a - [​IMG] feeling (the content is now gone) and I felt that, while fine for search traffic, it was bad for the end user experience. I didn't want them on my site for all the wrong reasons (not finding what they were after)

thegypsy, Jan 25, 2007 IP