1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just got the worst call ever.

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by r32faisal, Apr 28, 2006.

1. webmasta

webmasta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was the clickthrough real high on the myspace sites removed?

webmasta, May 6, 2006 IP
  2. mostwanted

mostwanted Peon

Best Answers:
    This may be off topic, but I wonder what the CTR on the site that got removed...

What is considered high??

mostwanted, May 6, 2006 IP
  3. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well this is where you have to make a smart call as a publisher and decide if you want to particpate in Y! or any other program as they work differently for different sites some success some not... this is where we are publishers have to be smart there is reason that many affiliates or whatever dont do well is because they are either to strict or dont communicate etc.. but ultimately if no publishers use them they will go under so us as publishers do have some decisions. I personally want Y to go full swing so maybe it will make the big g appreciate us more :)

xboxundone, May 6, 2006 IP
  4. mostwanted

mostwanted Peon

Best Answers:
    I love YPN.. I have had great success with them, but so has this individual.. But for what he got suspended for I don't agree with because you can't control who clicks on the ads.

It's not like we can put next to the ads, "Please do not click unless you are interested in puchasing thier product." This is one of the risks on advertising. People I think, want to pitch a fit when the don't get good cenversions, and this is what hurts a lot of publishers like this individual.

mostwanted, May 6, 2006 IP
  5. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "you cant control who clicks your ads" I car to differ... you can help control this by targeting a certain audience and only show it to that audience...

I am both a publisher and an advetiser... the publisher in me wants to agree but the advertiser in me only wants to pay for what converts... and i believe it is only going to get harder that more responsibilty WILL be put on publishers.... Only because the advertisers are tired of spending money on crap conversion... Which means the trend will be to slowly go away from CPC to CPA or CPL. This way the advertiser gets atleast something and not just a click.

As a publisher I would like to see Publishers stop just joining any network but try to band together to push prices in our favor but this WILL not happen if we don't have a way to band our forces together... similar to how Small businesses get together just to get better insurance for cheaper but ours would be reversed banning together BUT it will still be about QUALITY.

xboxundone, May 6, 2006 IP
  6. games4fun

games4fun Peon

Best Answers:

games4fun, May 7, 2006 IP
  7. Dogmatic

Dogmatic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Things are changing on the internet real fast. I hope those who are having hard times with YPN find a better source of revenue to replace YPN.

Sad story to hear.

Dogmatic, May 9, 2006 IP
  8. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    only competitions between the big ones can improve situation for the publishers. but don't lose hope. there are many fishes in the pond

jacksmith, May 9, 2006 IP
  9. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace.com is ONLY making 10 cents per 1000 impressions, so how could myspace related websites make $1- $5 CPM? Something is wrong :rolleyes:

homeloans1, May 9, 2006 IP
  10. Lotus9

Lotus9 Peon

Best Answers:
    if that's the worst call you ever get...you'll be blessed in your life.

Lotus9, May 9, 2006 IP
  11. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    They are talking about traffic coming from Myspace, not talking about Myspace.com CPM..:D

digiseek, May 9, 2006 IP
  12. v12kid

v12kid Peon

Best Answers:
    well this is horrible, I just started a new MySapce site that due to go live soon and I have YPN ALL over it!! Now I think I will postpone the live date until I figure someting out

Shame google banned me for supposed "invailid" clicks..

anyone have any alternatives?

v12kid, May 15, 2006 IP
  13. TomN

TomN Peon

Best Answers:

Yes. The alternative is to create a website with unique content. Then advertisers will flock to you, especially if it is niche.

TomN, Jun 22, 2006 IP