1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just got the worst call ever.

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by r32faisal, Apr 28, 2006.

1. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    and if myspace themselfs display Adsense ads as well what's wrong with displaying myspace users that go to our sites Yahoo ads? Am I not getting something right here?

SEO Jeff, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really. It's been in the TOS as long as I can remember, that traffic quality does matter, and is up to their descretion.

The bottom line is, if your traffic doesn't convert (ever), advertisers are losing money, which means they will most likely be unsatisfied with their campaigns. If they aren't satisfied then Yahoo is likely to lose money.

I don't know of a single company that offers to let ANYONE sign up with ANY kind of website.... please share? There just isn't a single company that montizes all internet traffic and we shouldn't expect Yahoo to be the first.

yo-yo, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  3. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    But yo-yo if Myspace traffic does not convert then why does Myspace.com display adsense ads? Is it not the same thing besides different ad compaines.

4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    occourding to some recent publications myspace.com has the lowest converting ads by 1/2 of any other PREMIUM adsense publisher

Shoemoney, Apr 29, 2006 IP
    honey likes this.
  5. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney good comment. I'll have to agree with you as I have had other stuff like my free software (no ads) and it was really bad trying to get myspace traffic to download it.

6. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well than it's hopeless. I knew it was too good to be true. Bye bye myspace sites!

r32faisal, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  7. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I would be interested in paying you for a little bit of traffic to my free article submission service - I really could use the traffic to get my ads showing properly

Mr Crow, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  8. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These post cracks me up... I mean it is like having a teen rave and advertise a loan for a car to them.... Will it convert.... maybe .000001%. U do it once but u sure wont do it again. and this is what is happening to yahoo they are having advertisers complain... and to make them happy it is easiest to get rid of the source... no longer allowing advertising on those type of sites... I am sure if you are targeting something relevant compters, teen dating or something like that you would stay... albiet you wont make near the money but common you have been walking a fine line and new it would come to an end at somepoint... If i were u i would just be happy that Y is actually paying you!

xboxundone, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  9. a1biotin

a1biotin Peon

Best Answers:
    Reality is when you are not in control - Sooner or Later - (Hopefully later) these things can & do happen - We think it will always happen to the next person until it happens to us - Then it gives us this sinking & bad feelings of hopelessness - So I guess it is better to create our own reality - Where we are more in control... Best of Luck!

a1biotin, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  10. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's hard to make the judgement sometimes. How do I know they aren't converting? How do I know people aren't clicking on them because they actually need it? If Yahoo wanted to solve the problem, they could email me and tell me that they aren't converting well for my traffic so I should use something more relevant. Why they didn't do that I really don't know. Could be because myspace traffic is so bad they just want me gone. I just hope I get my last two checks.

I've almost completely fully switched to Google and ValueClick (FC). They are doing pretty nicely... I'm getting .13 cent clicks today on google, but figuring in that i'm getting way more clicks than yahoo, it's not too bad.

r32faisal, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  11. Dekamaster

Dekamaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I received that same call on friday and would do anything humanally possible on my side to work with them, but they simply don't want to work with me to make any changes to fix the problems.

Dekamaster, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  12. r32faisal

r32faisal Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks man. what kind of sites did you have?

r32faisal, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  13. Dekamaster

Dekamaster Peon

Best Answers:
    i had Power Ranger based websites.

Dekamaster, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  14. D3Si

D3Si Peon

Best Answers:
    let MSN start it :)

D3Si, May 1, 2006 IP
  15. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of Ads were you dispalying ??

PGZ

PGZ, May 1, 2006 IP
  16. Dekamaster

Dekamaster Peon

Best Answers:
    i targeted for mostly computer and electronic based since most more of my visitors look for that then anything else. Also most of my pages never showed any targeted ideas so i had to do something.

Dekamaster, May 1, 2006 IP
  17. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like they are targeting sites that are for the younger generations. The kid sites that have no money to spend ya know ??

PGZ

PGZ, May 1, 2006 IP
  18. Dekamaster

Dekamaster Peon

Best Answers:
    They just have very bad targetting right now.

Dekamaster, May 1, 2006 IP
  19. PGZ

PGZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting Rid of the publishers isnt going to fix that problem....They need to look inside rather than out at the publishers.

PGZ

PGZ, May 1, 2006 IP
  20. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I said it once and I'll say it again...if these f*ck up ad companies want to penalize us on a CPA basis, then be a damn CPA company, not a CPC company.

nt99, May 1, 2006 IP