1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just a little bit of fun regarding marketting

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by plmerlin, Jan 24, 2005.

We have several "sandbox" websites where we do some dev.

A guy sent me an email interested to purchase the domain name of one sandbox for $2,000+
    Well, $2,000 is always good to take so I replied a nice why not... he came back asking to have an appraisal done by a specific company he trusts...

The next hour, I got another email from the same guy offering $2,500 for another sandbox... I replied with a blank email and got the exact same reply with the exact same wording but for another appraisal company... ;)
    Just looking... both appraisal websites are registered under the same registrar, same contact, address...

Nice marketting try... I'll buy your stuff but first buy appraisal from me :cool: then you don't hear from me any more...

If this is not spam... thinking about it... I wonder if it's even legal

So we will keep our sandboxes as they are:)

Note: we found where he found these 2 domains... when not used, sandboxes are parked on Sedo....

plmerlin, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What are the domains? Maybe I'll buy them. :)

digitalpoint, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  3. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    And you want me to have one appraised by one site and the other one appraised by another site :eek: just teasing.... :)

Do you want me to PM you the names?

plmerlin, Jan 24, 2005 IP