1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

June 27th revisited

Discussion in 'Google' started by MikeSwede, Jul 16, 2006.

1. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I read an article about it and Amazon.com disappeared from the index June 27th and complained about it and Google was quick to get them back in the index. If you look at all their pages (no, not ALL since they have 300 million pages in the index) and look at the cached oage then all of them are after June 27th....
    That's what you get when you have money like Amazon.com :mad:

Here's one link: http://www.thegooglecache.com/?p=33

Another thing.. I made a search in Google: June 27th google amazon and this thread shows up on secound page
    http://www.google.com/search?q=June+27th+google+amazon&hl=en&lr=&start=10&sa=N

MikeSwede, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  2. Buckenmeyer

Buckenmeyer Guest

Best Answers:
    another note on the 27th: The site that got nailed received thousands of visitors from Google each day from hundreds of random searches, not just a few keyword phrases, so rankings/results dropped and were erased for all these hundreds of different phrases on the 27th, as if it were some kind of penalty.

Buckenmeyer, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  3. Jocelyn

Jocelyn Guest

Best Answers:
    Same here... and all my sites are fine, but the one that got a bunch of natural links, it just vanished.

Jocelyn, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  4. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazingly I have never seen any loss of SERPS during the last 6 months or so, when all this started. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    On the other side, most of my visitors are return visitors (according to AWStats) and only a few come from SE.
    How do I know if some of my pages are in the "supplemental index"? I have no idea how to look for this.

andre75, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to google

Type in - site:yoursite.com

You don't need to type in the www

Look at the results. If you see the phrase "supplemental result" under the SERP link... you're in.

wibr, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  6. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    My site that got hit was all original content. Updated frequently. Used Co-op.

Homepage is ranked #7 in site:command

Homepage was cached 4 days ago.

Wierd stuff

aaron_nimocks, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    curious. Those that got hits. How many domains do you own? Did they all get or was it just one of them? Are any of them crossing niches? or does each exist in its own niche?

lorien1973, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  8. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Lately I've been thinking more about methods of traffic other than google because of issues like this and one day someone else is going to come out with a bigger, better, faster search engine then people will be like "oh, you still use google".

Time, she is a ticking.

I bet someone somewhere out there right now is banging away at the code.

NoobieDoobieDo, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  9. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Something odd I noticed. All 3 of my sites that were hit are hosted at Startlogic. :)

aaron_nimocks, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  10. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    i lost one site out of 6 , all on same server.

mobilebay, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  11. Constance

Constance Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow..is google messing up these days or what?

~Constance

Constance, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  12. Namesniper

Namesniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that Google has wiped out some links but not something decent

Namesniper, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  13. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Ugh!

As of today, google has again "lost" my pr 7 homepage. No cache, no backlinks reported, no related pages. 2300 pages indexed for my site... but not the homepage.

Serps stink throughout the site as well (and have stunk since June 27).

Come on google, get it together!!!

Christopher, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  14. dropout

dropout Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also one of the victims of this latest Google discourse.

The following can be found over on Matt Cutts' blog as an answer to a girl (or a guy in disguise...):

"...there was a refresh of the data that we use in our algorithms, and it sounds like that’s what affected you. I believe that there will be another update in 2-3 weeks which could help somewhat. In general, the best advice I’d give is to make sure that the site adds value and has original content."

From this post: mattcutts.com/blog/bot-obedience-herding-googlebot/

It's from the 8th of July so 3 weeks and a possible update hasn't passed yet - let's cross our fingers shall we?

Oh yeah and hi board I'm new here ;)

dropout, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  15. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dropout,

Unfortunately you will find that Matt Cutts is one of the biggest liers/spin doctors to ever hit the web. His job is misdirection, like all spokesman. Consider him one notch below a used car dealer or a lawyer. Actually consider him google's press secretary. You know that guy that stands at the podium and only tells people what the corporation wants them to know.

wibr, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  16. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    It's now been almost 4 weeks since the last downgrade form Google and I haven't seen any changes at all to the better :( The results are still crappy and pages are supplemental, so what i said in a post, this is going to stay the way it is right now, which really suxxx...
    I have been trying to find out what the hell went wrong, and I have been trying to tell Google that they index the wrong pages, they have wrong paths and everything I can think of (even submitted a sitemap, but read that Google has 3 crawlers, one for the search, one for the sitemaps and one for adsense and none of them work together!!!) but nothing helps.
    This is it so all sites that went south will never recover. Whatever Google did, Google like and they are not going to change anything.:mad:

MikeSwede, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  17. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    so what we going to do , if we club together who knows

mobilebay, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  18. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Like everybody else I wish that there some way to communicate with google but there isn't. The only way to communicate with google is through channes that make them money, i.e. adsense. They are pretty good answering emails but they don't have any connection to the search guys, which they tell me all the time :)
    Google doesn't care if they have "collateral damage" and it seems that this time they are going to stay with what they have. Guess all the ones that made it through are happy and it seems that nobody complains about the results that show up, except some spam reporting, so google thinks that all is fine and dandy.
    Don't know how many time I have used the only way to email google (through a reinclusion request) but all of you know that they don't care about those at all. It is probably like someone said, it just goes to a bell in their lunch room, and whenever a reinclusion request comes in, the bell rings, and they get a good laugh out of it.... "Just another nut case that think we are reading all the thousands of email coming in every day..."
    It is soooooooooooo frustrating not to have any way of talking to a company that "sell" your stuff and is not doing a good job at it! Guess we all have to go to Googles HQ and demonstrate?!?

MikeSwede, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  19. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just now (July 25), I begin to see my site come back from Google Hell. When I search for my site (without dot com), I am #1 again. It was nowhere to be found for the last 4 weeks.

I am now seeing my keywords back on first page (not as high as before though). I am happy..

The only thing I did is remove Co-op from my site and submit an re-inclusion.

maha, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  20. Dead_Elvis

Dead_Elvis Guest

Best Answers:
    For those who are trying to find similarities between sites that were dropped, here are my specs:

Site was a WordPress blog using PHP, but with static URLs.

Did not have Meta Keywords or Descriptions on my pages at the time of the drop (have since fixed)

Had recently changed WhoIS info by switching to Private WhoIS via my host (DreamHost)

Not using Session IDs at all

Pages dropped drastically from SERPS (was getting about 1,000 visitors a day from Google – now maybe nine or ten,) but no major changes in terms of pages indexed

In the previous months had seen a number of spam blogs scraping a sentence or two from my pages and then linking to my site, and tried to put an end to it, but there's only so much you can do

Had recently done a 301 redirect from non-www to www so that this sort of thing WOULDN'T happen... guess I'm a sucker, eh? ;)

Due to my page template my main content was way, way down the page in my code, so I've since fixed that and now its directly below the header

Only a few of my pages actually went supplemental, but most did not – however, they still dissapeared from the SERPS

So, anyone see anything familiar?

Dead_Elvis, Jul 25, 2006 IP