1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

June 27th revisited

Discussion in 'Google' started by MikeSwede, Jul 16, 2006.

1. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    cheers people , at least it appears to be coming back

mobilebay, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  2. LoriVa

LoriVa Peon

Best Answers:
    I manage a website that lost most of it's pages during May/June and after doing all we can to get the rank up where it should be the owner resorted to going BACK to AdWords after leaving it off for 3 months. If the generic rank improves then we'll know it was a pentaly for stopping Adwords.

LoriVa, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the only problem with that theory is all the sites that tanked and never participated in Adwords..:rolleyes:

It's not due to not using Adwords....find an SEO who knows what theyre talking about

Sem-Advance, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No, you won't know that at all, I'm afraid. That's just another example of superstitious thinking. All you will know is that you regained your rankings, not why.

I lost my rankings for my forum after Big Daddy. I didn't do anything different. They returned after a few months. Why? Because the problem wasn't my site to begin with. The problem was Google fiddling with a botched algorithm change.

minstrel, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. pjpjpjpj

pjpjpjpj Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's sandbox is like any other sandbox. It is pee'd in, spit in, maybe even pooped in...

.. we all just hope we can find our GI-Joes again.

pjpjpjpj, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  6. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    well it appears my other site has now been hit by somthing similar to mh's fate, anyone else seeing anything else new in ranking drops etc ,

mobilebay, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  7. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    You hit the nail on the head as usual. Most of the time it is nothing wrong with our sites. It is Googles shitty algo that causes all our problems. If Google can find out what ads to place on our sites, why can't they figure out what the pages are about and show the results? An algo is never going to work the way they think and we have seen the results of that algo for months now, and to me it seems that it is getting worse every day. A sites that was competing with the 4-5 biggest in the area is now a lost cause and I have given up on ever getting it back on top again, mostly because I am at aloss what to do after having changed everything that i thought caused the problems. I have kind if decided that there is nothing wrong with the site, there is something wrong with Google :(:mad:

MikeSwede, Nov 12, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  8. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Found this site: realdealmerch.com
    They have 10,000 pages of their own but searching for the domain name gives you 94,600 pages in Google (blog spamming and other comment spam etc.) and it is nothing but spam pages. this page: http://spaniel.realdealmerch.com/ isn't even showing anything but viewing the source show links to other spam sub domains.
    This is not the only one that has taken over the search result with their "content rich" pages, so now what? Do we all have to create sites like this to make Google happy? There's a big black hole in the Algo and we all beging sucked into it :mad:
    Guess we all have to blog spam to get links since Google prefers that instead of buying links and it seems easier to get these links than people/sites willing to link to you......

9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Hey Mike

Dont know if either of these sites are the one you are refering to....

but do you realize you have dupe content on http://www.petauction.biz/ and http://www.taxcutsinfo.com/??

Also on both sites you have one site wide title tag which does you little good.

Google could be screwed up but .....

Sem-Advance, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  10. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    Nahh... these are not the site I am talking about. They are just "test sites" and one domain is just parked and pointing to the other one. The title tags should change when you go to the different listings, and I hope they do

11. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I clicked through the links on the tax site and the title tag is the same throughout.

Sem-Advance, Nov 12, 2006 IP