1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Juliar Programming Language

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Rattar, Feb 6, 2016.

Hey All,

I am developing a new programming language: *Juliar *
    It's a functional language that focuses on the idea of recursion and that you should not write much code...only essential.

The code is being worked at https://github.com/juliarLang/juliar
    Right now it's written in ES6 ( a latest unreleased version of javascript) It can only run in beta browsers. However, it's transpiled to ES5(released and supported version of javascript) which can run on any browser... If you are interested in this project. It's a great opportunity to learn "NEW" Javascript and how to design a language. The community is growing everyday and it would be awesome if any of you willing to help in any way. Even if it's just mentioning to a friend.

The official website is www.juliar.org

Thanks!

Rattar, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  2. ThePHPMaster

ThePHPMaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems interesting. Will check it out. Thanks for sharing!

ThePHPMaster, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Be more interesting if it were written in a compiled language instead of an interpreted one. That's kind of intentionally hobbling it from the start in the traditional abstraction atop an abstraction atop an abstraction kind of way.

you might have more luck growing your community if your website and forums weren't an illegible inaccessible disaster too; since I have to zoom in 50% or more to make the forums reach a legible text size and then override the colours to even have a CHANCE of reading a blasted thing. It all reeks badly of "WCAG, What''s that?"

EXAMPLE code for the language front and center would be nice too since, well... I still can't find anything resembling that. Likewise the language reference is throwing up some warning flags from things like "bold" or "center" that reek of presentational nonsense that has "no business in the output" if this is to be an actual web language... I'm having a little trouble figuring out what this would actually be used to do.

deathshadow, Feb 6, 2016 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Deathshadow's response is glowing compared to how I want to respond.

I went to your site and EVERY LINK I clicked took me to your ABOUT page. WTF? How in hell is that promoting your project? Does that mean that EVERY call in your language takes you to the SAME EXACT FUNCTION? That is what your website it telling me. How in hell is a language supposed to be useful if it just goes in CIRCLES and goes NOWHERE?

mmerlinn, Apr 9, 2016 IP