1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JSP file: window.onload is null

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by KBurghSE, Jul 14, 2021.

I have a website that was build for IE. I am in the process of making it compatible with Chrome/Chromium. I have multiple pages that have a pop up calendar, which all work in IE, but only on one page in chrome/Edge. On the pages that the pop up calendar does NOT work, window.onload is null and init() never gets called:

window.onload = init;

I gather this means the window isn't loading, but I don't know how too see why or what is supposed to load it or where the load is failing.

I haven't used JS in over 10 years (even then it was very minimal). I've been programming in C++ for the last 7 and primarily using VS, so I'm used to having a legit debugger. I'm currently limited to the developer tools in Edge for debugging. (Also, disclaimer, this is my first time ever posting on a help forum, so I don't know what all to include in the thread)

KBurghSE, Jul 14, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Asking questions without us being able to examine the patient means that all you will ever get is GUESSES instead of the help that you need.

mmerlinn, Jul 14, 2021 IP
  3. KBurghSE

KBurghSE Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I had a feeling. I had to get approval, but I will post it later today or tomorrow. Thank you!

KBurghSE, Jul 14, 2021 IP