1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JQuery Library/Bump Box conflict

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sstjohn, Feb 24, 2012.

I am using the jquery library for my site and bump box. I want to use the bump box for a few items on the site as well as utilize a smooth scrolling when an image is clicked on the page (it takes you to the bottom of the page by smoothly auto scrolling the entire page. There is also a button at the bottom to do the opposite). If I link my index.html to one of the .js files via <script>, the other is killed. Here is the scroll code linked by scroll.js :[FONT='Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [COLOR=#141414][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
    $(document).ready(function(){$(".scroll").click(function(event){//prevent the default action for the click eventevent.preventDefault();//get the full url - like mysitecom/index.htm#homevar full_url = this.href;//split the url by # and get the anchor target name - home in mysitecom/index.htm#homevar parts = full_url.split("#");var trgt = parts[1];//get the top offset of the target anchorvar target_offset = $("#"+trgt).offset();var target_top = target_offset.top;//goto that anchor by setting the body scroll top to anchor top$('html, body').animate({scrollTop:target_top}, 1200);});});[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Code (markup):

Not great with javascript or jquery. Any help would be awesome!

sstjohn, Feb 24, 2012 IP