1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

jQuery and Prototype / Script.aculo.us

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by winterheat, Apr 17, 2008.

I am learning more and more Prototype and Script.aculo.us and got the Bungee book (Prototype and Script.aculo.us by Pragmatic Programmers)... and wonder if I should get some books on jQuery (such as jQuery in Action, and Learning jQuery) and start learning about it too?

Once I saw a website comparing Prototype to Java, and jQuery to Ruby... but now that I read more and more about Prototype, it is said that Prototype actually came from Ruby on Rails development and the creator of Prototype tried to make it work like Ruby. Is jQuery also like Ruby? Or if you choose a framework, what would it be? Thanks very much!

winterheat, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. zerxer

zerxer Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never used Ruby so I don't know if jQuery is like it but I use jQuery all the time and I absolutely love it. I've seen sites that use Prototype and frankly I think jQuery is so much better. A lot of the people in their IRC who now use jQuery came from Prototype and they're glad they switched.

I'm not really sure about buying a book on it though.. I mean, I learned it in a week or less just by reading their documentation pages, which were very useful.

http://docs.jquery.com/Main_Page

I'd say you should definitely check out jQuery though and it's obviously the framework I would choose. :)

zerxer, Apr 18, 2008 IP