1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[journal] Zero to $3K in 30 days with internet marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by SirKhan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Marketing is like that my friend. Saturday I made 150 for the day, then 0 0 then like 78.. it happens :X

AffilateRook1, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  2. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your great Saturday performance AffiliateRook1, I saw your post in the "other forum" ;) Awesome! You should let me know a few tricks B))

Guys, I have to tell you that I got pwned!

Really. I guess you remember me braggin about my cool achievements with Google domination of some competitive keywords! Guess what, I have been replaced by others and my traffic is lower than ever! :'( While I was celebrating, others were working I guess B-) OOppss... I have to get myself together and figure out a way to beat them once and forever ;) Any help would be appreciated.... :(

SirKhan, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  3. badrovichxx

badrovichxx Peon

Best Answers:
    hi where have you been , i got poor trafic these days only 8$ in 2 days :(

badrovichxx, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  4. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    I was working on my renewed strategy will try to implement it soon :) I had to modify the original plan because of this ezine "screwage" :( I have also cancelled my premium membership at them coz it's REALLY not worth it :(

SirKhan, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  5. edrectory

edrectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Premium membership is only really worth it when you've got the ability to crank out 10-15 articles a day atleast :(. How many sales have you made through NOC so far? Anyway keep up the good work and I hope your new strategy works out for ya.

edrectory, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  6. brooks27

brooks27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your progress so far SirKhan, this has definately inspired me to write more.

I have 10 articles live on EZ and Im about to apply for an upgrade, can you suggest the best response I need to give them to increase my chances of getting upgraded to platinum? ;)

brooks27, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  7. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    I have about 70 articles (lots of them from before this journal and system test began) and I haven't been able to get a platinum yet!!! I don't know why, they just keep extending my "basic" membership..
    I'm pretty fed up with ezine so I'll definitely minimize the usage of them in the "next version" of my strategy. :( Too bad it seemed so easy to use them.

SirKhan, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  8. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    So one thing I noticed guys is that since ezine traffic plummeted I receive more and more visitors from Google directly (organic search) and I don't think it's a coincidence! In the next couple of days I will rewrite the articles and post each to my review site and bookmark each, post backlinks etc and I hope in a weeks time I will receive the same amount of organic traffic from G directly that I received at first from ezine! Will keep you posted of course.

SirKhan, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  9. edrectory

edrectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Goodluck man, hope this works out for ya :). I'm going to be submitting several more articles to ezine today due to my recent major site revamp :)... trying to turn it into more of an authority site with my HTML, PHP and CSS skills.

edrectory, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  10. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very good idea edrectory, I recently realized (after the ezines disaster) that the only way to go is with organic links to a high converting landing page / blog. That is exactly what I'm working on right now.

I just sold another product! Finally! After 6 or so days of NOTHING (because the traffic literally stopped overnight and I wasn't able to fix it even with new articles posted :( ) This is a good kick for me to start working harder on my new tactic! (organic traffic)

SirKhan, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great.. I also seriously think that giving all your content to ezinearticles is a total wastage.
    I think its better to build links using ezinearticles for complete blogs instead of just one page sites. This is good for seo and we get traffic even when our articles are "killed" by others. It has happened many times to me too :)

jacky8, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  12. BrandonToday

BrandonToday Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an article strategy?

BrandonToday, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  13. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Ah good to know I'm not alone, and it's a bummer at the same time. It would be so much easier to score only with ezine... :)
    Now I will have to figure out the best way to build this "blog". Not a walk in the park I can tell you, coz I have to figure out what is the best way to get visitors (keywords + SEO), soft sell the product and be able to flood the blog with content AT THE SAME TIME! ... :rolleyes:

Huh? :)

SirKhan, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  14. xpertd19

xpertd19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dude

xpertd19, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  15. edrectory

edrectory Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many successful internet marketers who've used content filled sites and made alot of money. There's Rosalind Gardner who runs a dating tips website and a travel blog, Lisa3786 (Can't remember her full name) runs a how to build a website site and a weight loss site, Mark Ling has a dog training site... there's loads of them. If you want the site addresses for those peoples sites PM me, might help you get a picture of how they promote with blogs and content sites.

edrectory, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  16. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I know about most of these guys/gals but it's not the same entering with a completely new blog.. We'll see how it works out for me, I will keep you posted of course :)

SirKhan, Apr 28, 2009 IP
  17. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    So the last few days I was busy working on my new strategy to sell more and more stuff, and below you can find the result. To view the image in full size please visit my blog :) it's free and everything of course.

[​IMG]

The journey will take longer than 30 days, because I'm building a system that will make more and more money not just $3K in the first month then nothing. Westoff showed us in his topic that with about 400 articles published on ezine articles you can make $3000 in a month, but he/they also decided to abandon ezine for the same reason I did: traffic will die out in max 3 months after you published the article. That is if it hasn't got any good ranking for a specific keyword and dozens of quality backlinks etc... But I advise everyone to build their on site instead of making ezines richer :(

A funny thing: I was surprised to receive a letter today from Amazon that I had two sales back in February for a kitchen set and a blu-ray because these came from a blog that I stopped updating last October... Pretty cool that's 100% passive income the problem is that from these two sales I got an outstanding $10 or so :D If they were CB products that would've been at least $40-100... It's just hard to make good money with Amazon it seems!

PS: sorry about my handwriting! it was faster to do it this way than searching downloading and learning to use some fancy software for this.

SirKhan, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  18. westoff

westoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Biggest problem with ezinearticles is direct competition. What I mean from that is, since one site can have only one ranking on a page(or two max) for a specific keyword and with direct competition from thousands of other writers and marketers all trying to compete for the same keyword or phrase it becomes nearly impossible to secure a position for that keyword. Not to mention you are also competing with others sites along with ezinearticles.

If you build your own site and even if everything else fails you atleast have build an asset that you can keep or sell and atleast get paid something for your hardwork and efforts.

westoff, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  19. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you westoff, I agree 100%. I think ezinearticles is a bit like PPC: you invest money/energy in it and it gives you "instant" results but as time goes by it dies off just like when turning off PPC it stops sending you traffic. Again, I'm talking general not the few cases when you can rank for a particular keyword well for months. But that is extremely rare.

As you can view on my "map" I have separated the blog and the landing page and the "general niche blog" is what ezinearticles used to be, so generally you'll have a targeted blog that you can use for adsense, promotion of clickbank products, other ways of monetizing (like selling reviews, links, etc.) all that you cannot do with your content on ezinearticles. It is true though that this is NOT instant and takes time. But I'm here for the long run ;)

SirKhan, May 1, 2009 IP
  20. joliber

joliber Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very inspiring journal.. I really love journal about affiliate marketing ventures.. hope to learn from your experience..

joliber, May 2, 2009 IP