1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla Vs Wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by asgsoft, Apr 15, 2007.

1. LimeLike

LimeLike Banned

Best Answers:
    Joomla defo the mods apps and the template in general is much better to use !
    SEMrush

LimeLike, May 29, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, Joomla has too many incompatibilities between versions and therefore has excessive support requirements. As far as I have found, Joomla offers very little additional functionality to offset these problems. I just think Wordpress has a better architecture and development team which helps provide the best blend of functionality coupled with low development and support costs.

Rich

richrf, May 29, 2009 IP
  3. jumpingtoconclusions

jumpingtoconclusions Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this thread late... Joomla looks awesome out of the box. But as you run your site you realize how heavy and clunky it is and takes up far more system resources. The components looks good but they are never easy to use and feel like they are ratcheted into Joomla unfortunately.

jumpingtoconclusions, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. empleo

empleo Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used both Joomla and Wordpress before and Wordpress seems to be more SEO friendly (or at least articles posted on Wordpress seem to rank better than those posted using Joomla)... Anyone had this experience before?

empleo, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. artcreations4u

artcreations4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread guys. I couldnt work out the difference and wasnt sure if you could use them together......Now I know...thanks

artcreations4u, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  6. 314media

314media Peon

Best Answers:
    I just did a post on this on my blog a few weeks ago:

314media.com/joomla-vs-wordpress/

Personally, I'm proud to work with Wordpress, and I'm not yet allowed to post links...

314media, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  7. mimptres

mimptres Peon

Best Answers:
    im prefer joomla

mimptres, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  8. kanzaki

kanzaki Peon

Best Answers:
    i choose wordpress, more simple than joomla but powerfull.

kanzaki, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  9. skyfire

skyfire Peon

Best Answers:
    For small sites and blogs, wordpress. If you plan to expand/integrate forum then joomla.

skyfire, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  10. avatar33

Best Answers:
    I agree with above poster. For smaller sites, Wordpress is definitely better. Easier to use, faster and loved by search engines. However Wordpress has a lot of limitations that Joomla hasn't, especially in terms of plugins and modules you can integrate to it. With Joomla you have control over everything, you can create a full e-commerce site.

11. thanhbinh777

thanhbinh777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Workpress is more popular for personal person its very useful for it .But if you want develope and more thing in future Joomla is best for you .

thanhbinh777, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  12. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both are good it totally depends upon your requirements.

wildogre, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  13. ob.jr

ob.jr Peon

Best Answers:
    i prefer more to wordpress coz it really seo freindly

ob.jr, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  14. Ckabayan

Ckabayan Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress did, i think wordpress more benefit...........

Ckabayan, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  15. Niche Finders

Niche Finders Peon

Best Answers:
    This string is almost 3 years old now. Has there been a "general" change in where people stand on these 2 platforms?

Niche Finders, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  16. Niche Finders

Niche Finders Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, that didn't work. I thought I was posting on another thread obviously. No idea what happened there.

Niche Finders, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  17. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is still powerful, pretty but incredibly clunky, requires many more system resources and generally not a good solution if you're looking for modules other than a handful of "best of breed" modules. I used Wordpress for some rather large sites. Joomla's categorization/taxonomy still sucks. Very few hosts like Joomla because it's heavy machinery to do simple tasks.

xanth, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  18. kaka.manna

kaka.manna Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread,,
    I am using WP for last 6 months. Now I want to do something like this http://us.wholesalesports.com/storefront/index.ep, I think It is in Joomla, but at this point of decision what should I do, either to go for WP or Joomla, I am in a fix.
    What you suggest, for these tasks which is best?

kaka.manna, May 11, 2010 IP
  19. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

Best Answers:
    I have used both joomla and wordpress for different type of sites and everything depend of what you need for website, but be sure that you dont change your mind later because its not easy to transfer all posts from one cms to another.

On one website i have user wordpress for 4 months but first idea was just bloging site with categories and wordpress did this job excelent it was both easy and fast to manage update your site and write posts, it has great editor and compatibility, but later i decided to extend my functionality of website and there wordpress fail, and joomla comes.

It has separated sections, categories for every sections, you can show all sections and categories in one blog page, extended social profiles, you can put menus and pages/links in menus wherever you want wrappper for external pages and so on...

But joomla has big fail in SEO, comment system, and editor. After 4 months i had 1200 articles written in wordpress and google indexed 900 of them, when i went from wordpress to joomla i had to transfer all articles and because of different url structure i had to redirect all pages to working one's in joomla and i also installed some SEO plugins to use tags like wordpress use, but not much success with joomla, now after 8 months my website have more than 3000 articles and google indexed only 800.

Comment system is needed in tutorial websites much, but joomla doesn't have any lightweight but good comment plugin, eather pluin is bad coded or is hard coded but both ways slow down your website.

And finally editor in joomla, you have good extension for editor, but it very much slow down your website (from side of editing and writing articles) and because of structure and functionality you need much more time to write article in joomla and this can limit you to less articles if you dont have much time.

If you want simple tutorial website only with articles go for wordpress, if you want something extended go with joomla.

Anyway good luck with your website.

lonerunner, May 19, 2010 IP
  20. ahmadjordan

ahmadjordan Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress i think is the best

ahmadjordan, May 20, 2010 IP