1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla vs Drupal - Comparision

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by ablaye, Oct 9, 2006.

1. raybing

raybing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had much better experience with Drupal than Joomla. Joomla is just too restrictive for my requirements.

raybing, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  2. davidtran

davidtran Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not a professional, Drupal is not for you.

davidtran, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  3. NoPass

NoPass Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is my choice. Wider range of extensions...

NoPass, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Drupal 7 RC1 is really near now, just a matter of days.. That's when I'll install it for the first time, I didn't install any beta version and only watched videos showing Drupal 7. But as soon as it's out, I put a domain name on a new install and will try it and make a site with it, slowly. And will update it RC after RC until the final version. I think Drupal 7 is really good looking and user friendly from the videos I've seen.

JamesColin, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  5. starya

starya Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is awesome, this platform can do just about anything and has an amazing support community. Joomla gives you a lot more customization options and its easy to use.

starya, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  6. moosh101

moosh101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Greetings. I have used both and WordPress as well. It depends greatly on what you plan to use them for. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

*Joomla - This CMS has the best templates or themes. It is easy to use, it is supported by a large community of users and has tons of extensions, both free and paid. If you require a relatively simple website that looks professional, that does not cater for too much traffic, or online members, and works right 'out of the box' then Joomla is for you.

* WordPress - This a primarily a blogging framework that also has a large community of users and extensions. WordPress themes are also quite amazing. It has a very simple Administration area with minimal options, but it very easy to use, setup and configure. If you require a simple blogging website that also looks professional, then WordPress is for you.

* Drupal - This CMS is the powerhouse of all Content Management Systems. It has tons of Administration options and settings and using it you can pretty much create any type of website you want. It is supported by a large community of users and also has lots of contributor modules (Drupal for extensions). It has the steepest learning curve of all 3 frameworks and it does not have the best looking themes, though this is improving. Drupal 7 is just around the corner and it is quite simply amazing. If you require a website that can handle unlimited traffic, or online users, has all the configuration options you require and you don't mind spending time learning it, then Drupal is the way to go.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Shane,

moosh101, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  7. bokivaol

bokivaol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is the web address hxxp://wwwx.packtpub.com/article/open-source-cms-award-previous-winners (remove the x or replace them with t). All in all drupal is better

bokivaol, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  8. MyEasyCpa

MyEasyCpa Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that! Drupal supriour!

MyEasyCpa, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  9. DharmaSeo

DharmaSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    after creating sites in both, i found joomla to do better in search by default. obviously customizations can be done with both platforms to change this

DharmaSeo, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  10. fleur9586

fleur9586 Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is much better for me

fleur9586, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Drupal 7 final release date has been announced! It will be on 5th january. You can already download the Release Candidate which working fine, you'll simply have to update drupal files at the release date, it is simple and doesn't change anything!

JamesColin, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  12. xjessie007

xjessie007 Peon

Best Answers:
    This question does not make much sense. you can stick adsense code into any template of any system.

xjessie007, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  13. taranulsef

taranulsef Peon

Best Answers:
    This post goes back in 2006 and I read about this debate Drupal-Joomla-Wordpress but I'd like your opinions from a SEO point of view.
    I want to build a community website with news and image galleries so the website will have Forum, user profiles and image galleries (added by webmaster only). I'm interested in your opinion with regard to the CMS to use for this project.
    My skills are as follow(on a scale 1 to 10):
    Joomla-8, Wordpress-7, Drupal-5.
    You may think my question is stupid (Go with Joomla moron!) but taken into account my Drupal expertise was almost 0 at the beginning of December 2010 the question won't be too stupid after all.
    My question is from a SEO point of view: don't forget the site (Forum...tricky) must to be SEO friendly.

taranulsef, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  14. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess all of them can do the same job as for SEO. I know Drupal best and surely there is nothing I am aware of that Wordpress or Joomla can do that Drupal can't in terms of SEO.

JamesColin, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  15. taranulsef

taranulsef Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that Drupal is good (not saying better) but please take into account what I need to do...community...forum...news sections...and SEO :p

taranulsef, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  16. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    for forum, it's a weakness of drupal, but not compared to other CMS because I don't know what they can do. I'm talking forums are a weakness of drupal compared to forum scripts such as vbulletin, smf, etc.
    For drupal you need the module advanced forum or it is not even doable..

JamesColin, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  17. poytspot

poytspot Peon

Best Answers:
    I go for Joomla! Great components and support but most of our clients love Drupal more coz of the admin user friendly

poytspot, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  18. xbroshost

xbroshost Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice post

xbroshost, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  19. jafir2000

jafir2000 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ultimately, it really depends on what you need it for. Joomla would be great for content site. And Drupal probably more for a community site. Drupal has in SE friendly URLs, and blogging and even forum.With Joomla, the last time I looked, you can extend its capabilities to include all this with modules and add-ons.

jafir2000, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  20. rajvrmxx

rajvrmxx Banned

Best Answers:
    As per my suggestion, i would the Joomla as best cms, till now

rajvrmxx, Jan 20, 2011 IP