1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla to drupal done but can't create menu and url

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by neeshu, Dec 10, 2009.

Hi, I have shifted from Joomla to Drupal all my content has been relocated to drupal but the url of the nodes or articles is in format

sitename.com/"content"/articlename

I wish to see it in format

sitename.com/category-name/articlename

How do I achieve that, and how do I create menu;s I have already imported vocabulary terms and everything please help me :confused:

url of my site is neeshu.com

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    neeshu, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please help me

neeshu, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  3. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you enabled the core Path module? I also recommend that you get the Pathauto module also. This will allow you to specify how you want the url to look, then you can automatically modify all your current urls and automatically have all your new urls formatted.

For the menus, you need to go into Admin->Site Building->Menus and then select in which menu you want to place your items. If you go under Navigation you will see all your items and then you can decide which ones to enable and what menu to place them in. Drupal comes with these three menus already prepared - Primary, Navigation, and Secondary Links. But you can add your own menus and place them where you want them by configuring them in the Blocks area of your Site Building site.

Hope this helps. See my sig for step by step tutorials.

einsteinsboi, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  4. koba

koba Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that you need to look at Path Auto module. Then you will be able to configure your own url patterns

koba, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  5. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys I have enabled the path auto module but I am not sure how to remove the /content/ keyword from urls and but category names there i tried doing some changes in the node path settings but nothing seemed to be working no changes were reflected

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    neeshu, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  6. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you done correct setting of path auto module?? Please check again.

aap, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  7. necroz

necroz Peon

Best Answers:
    "content" is in default path pattern for nodes. You need to replace it with your own pattern containing proper taxonomy token. Tokens are in the form of [something_here]. So your path for node should be like this "[your taxonomy token]/[title]"
    Even if you did everything above, new path pattern won't work cause Drupal doesn't calculate path patterns dynamically, but rather stores them in database. So to make new patter work, you need to clear old path aliases first, then regenerate path aliases using Path Auto configuration page. I think you will figure how to do that easily.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    necroz, Dec 16, 2009 IP