1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla - Security Confidence

Discussion in 'Security' started by thedarkest1666, May 23, 2012.

Hey all,

I need some assistance, as security is not my forte, mostly just SEO and content. I have a new site that is a Joomla/VM set up and I need some one to perform a quick free security analysis on the site before I promote it.

I had a few Joomla sites in the past that I'd hosted and forgotten about without actually using them, that when reapproached they had been defaced and hacked. Never had that happen on WP.

Anyone who can help please get in touch.

Thanks

thedarkest1666, May 23, 2012 IP
  2. alversia

alversia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey...

I think that you can choose on joomla website. I recommend you to use Firewall.

alversia, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  3. TiffanyJ.SSS

TiffanyJ.SSS Member

Best Answers:
    What we do when a client signs up with us is we configure and secure their site all for them.

TiffanyJ.SSS, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  4. Ray Baron

Ray Baron Member

Best Answers:
    FYI, WP is every bit as problematic as Joomla. That said ...

The key to security is right there in your note: "I'd hosted and forgotten about without actually using them".

When you leave a site unattended -- Joomla, WordPress, doesn't make any difference -- that is an invitation to having the site compromised.

There are some sever-level things you can do to enhance security but if you are on shared hosting there are two things you should do:

1. Ensure your htaccess has at a minimum the "common exploit" section working. There are some other htaccess rules you can consider here:

http://docs.joomla.org/Htaccess_examples_(security)

2. Keep the code updated. That includes Joomla and all plugins.

Ray Baron, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  5. alversia

alversia Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right Ray. It's also important for joomla website. Now, I can prevent SQL Injection for my joomla site...

alversia, Aug 29, 2012 IP