1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla RSS

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by steadymarvin, May 12, 2006.

I can't get RSS feeds to display in my Joomla set up. Everything looks OK on the admin side but the feed pages are blank

Reading thu the Joomla forum a lot of other people have had the same problem but no one ever seems to answer the posts.

Any one here had similar problems?

steadymarvin, May 12, 2006 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No, the rss feeds are super reliable. I'm assuming your feed has items, you've set the module to show on the page you're expecting it, the module position is in the template etc.

First up - can you see the module heading - turn it on even if you don't want it long term.

sarahk, May 13, 2006 IP
  3. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    which module are you talking about? afaik newsfeeds is a component, so you would either need to create a link in a menu pointing to that component (or a component category) - there isn't a default module to display the newsfeeds.

i would suggest you install the feedgator component.. it can take RSS feeds and create a content item in your standard sections/categories rather than just the newsfeed categories.

if you click the "World Content" link on http://productiveresearch.com you will see how i implemented feedgator.

natsirtm, May 13, 2006 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aaaah, yes there is.

sarahk, May 13, 2006 IP
  5. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    so what's it called?

natsirtm, May 13, 2006 IP
  6. sarahk