1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla or Wordpress which is best for e-commerce site.

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by hocpana, Feb 24, 2012.

1. techwizardsolutions

techwizardsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    What type of site is it? How many categories and products do you estimate and is there need for any type of special handling of pricing, like one site I did was for a printing company and there was a need to be able to take the user input length and height and figure a price based on the area. For these types of needs I would recommend Drupal. I am not a Joomla fan. You will find all of the plugins you need and more in Drupal for free.

As a straight eCommerce site with the typical products etc I highly recommend OpenCart, it can go out of the box, as can a Drupal solution using the KickStart Distribution https://drupal.org/project/commerce_kickstart

techwizardsolutions, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  2. mumtazm

mumtazm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer Joomla. We work on Joomla websites for online stores like virtuemart shopping carts, searchable product catalogs, real-time transaction processing, web hosting, custom shipping tables, mail order systems and support for merchandising.

mumtazm, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    After a quick research we found Magento to be most popular ecommerce script.
    We're developing some extensions that will allow video live support, recording video presentations and reviews for products, broadcasting live store cameras.

VideoWhisper.com, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  4. uhexos

uhexos Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer joomla as it is actually very flexible and is built to handle excess pages which an ecommerce site is usually associated with .

uhexos, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely suggest Joomla as WordPress is used generally for blogging purpose whereas Joomla can be used for creating complex websites.

TestingWhiz1, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Joomla has less developers more than Wordpress, and I seen many e-shop site powered by Wordpress. :) It depends your budget. :)

Hostname.club, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  7. TheMRK

TheMRK Member

Best Answers:
    I'd always suggest Joomla. It's more configurable and easier to manage. Just see the old eBay Site... It's been made with Joomla.
    And now the new Joomla3 Version supports mobile styles by default and that's very useful for your customers.

TheMRK, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  8. rajeshrocks.kolkata

rajeshrocks.kolkata Member

Best Answers:
    I will prefer to go with Wordpress, because at present I have been handling around 35 websites in my office which are running smoothly on WP, I face no problem, but yes, what I see a problematic part is the every now and then WP comes up with the new version, update part really attracts, but I have seen that for some reason if I am not updating my WP latest version then it tends to get hacked, so this is one thing which just needs to be taken care of. And if you have decent hosting(not just cheap shared servers) then hardly you will face any issue.

But one thing which I see as a negative point in Wordpress, there is not enough platforms on web which are offering good themes like Blogspot free themes, can any one refer me any platform where from I can get premium Wordpress themes at free of cost, please help.

rajeshrocks.kolkata, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  9. ITjerky

ITjerky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CMS-TOP-1MILLION-stats.jpg
    Recent Content Management System(CMS) usage statistics by builtwith.com, show thatWordPress the most popular Content Management System still reigns supreme from a survey last carried out on the 1st of February 2013.
    http://www.creativeloop.co.zw/2013/02/wordpress-still-ruling-the-cms-war-as-joomla-loses-ground/

ITjerky, Apr 20, 2013 IP
  10. natyk

natyk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check possibilites both of cms, Artisteer can help you learn something more about them. Visit site bktemplates.com.

natyk, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  11. rohittripathi

rohittripathi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    after reading all above the thread i thing for doing best e-commerce site magneto is the best.

rohittripathi, May 1, 2013 IP
  12. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is better, I can add many plugin easily and it is easy to install.

ktp2012, May 2, 2013 IP
  13. rahul_77

rahul_77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Opencart is better for e-commerce.
    WordPress have many plugin for e-commerce like woo commerce etc but it is only for less product and some payment options. I prefer Opencart that work with less product as well as for 1000+ product and in opencart there are many modules and so many shipping method available with various payment method.

rahul_77, May 3, 2013 IP
  14. PolkRB

PolkRB Active Member

Best Answers:
    We've used joomla for couple years and it was so hard working with themes and creating/editing new pages. The editor in joomla is terrible and we moved to Wordpress for our main website and Magento for the ecommerce tasks. It was the best idea for us.

PolkRB, May 4, 2013 IP
  15. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have 30 blogs, so automatically I use wordpress. But I use premium theme, so I bought online. But especial for ecommerceI use Joomla

ktp2012, May 4, 2013 IP
  16. ibnatnupur

ibnatnupur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think joomla is best.

ibnatnupur, May 5, 2013 IP
  17. ijoome

ijoome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Suggestion is Never Use Joomla or wp for eCommerce if your shop is heavy.Use Magento or opencart,zen cart instead.Joomla or wp are not feature rich eCommerce platform they are just for content management.

ijoome, May 8, 2013 IP
  18. modulout

modulout Peon

Best Answers:
    For small shop I suggest wordpress with woocommerce plugin. It is easy to use and you have many templates and other extensions (free or paid).

If you want to have serious ecommerce than forget on Joomla, wordpress and other cms. It is better to look for Magento or Prestashop. For Magento you will need an optimization, otherwise it will be very slow. I suggest Magento for big shops.

modulout, May 10, 2013 IP
  19. dhirenv

dhirenv Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress Is Best .. !!!!

dhirenv, May 10, 2013 IP
  20. Mariana k.

Mariana k. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    VirtueMart is the old bird while speaking about e-commerce. Whether Woocommerce is pretty young in these sphere, and the most sufficient features is still developing. Also, both platforms with their plugins serve for various kind of e-commerce purposes . You may check up Woocommerce and VirtueMart comparison through the scale of their functionality.

Mariana k., May 10, 2013 IP