1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

joomla or word press for e commerce site

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by bettybakebake, May 6, 2012.

So what is better, i outsource most tech work, for time and expense, joomla or wordpress. I want to integrate ebay and bonanza and dropship store in one site. i want to be able to just have the site automatically update from my ebay and bonanza stores. maybe amazon too. any suggestions?

bettybakebake, May 6, 2012 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress without question, Joomla blows..

http://www.dropshipaccess.com/ there are a few others that are a bit more polished but the name escapes me. I will track it down.

N.

Nigel Lew, May 6, 2012 IP
  3. DayaJosh

DayaJosh Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer wordpress.

DayaJosh, May 6, 2012 IP
  4. iKatrina

iKatrina Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is better to use wordpress

iKatrina, May 9, 2012 IP
  5. realestate.tamilnadu

realestate.tamilnadu Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla rocks. wp is effective for blogging

realestate.tamilnadu, May 10, 2012 IP
  6. iKatrina

iKatrina Peon

Best Answers:
    for the site in joomla it is difficult to compile robots.txt

iKatrina, May 11, 2012 IP
  7. justjewellery

justjewellery Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I wouldn't use wordpress or joomla for e-commerce. I would go for something which is specifically designed for e-commerce, there are so many rules and regs surrounding e-commerce now and software designed specifically for this purpose tends to have much tighter security. There are loads of free open source shopping cart systems out there with fantastic support forums.

justjewellery, May 11, 2012 IP
  8. helmuc

helmuc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello!!!!!

c'mon - wordpress is for bloggers // joomla is for business websites

If you have pure business website that doesn't change much - go for Joomla (wp is much more attacked when joomla isn't at all if new members can't register and if comment systems aren't enabled)
    If you want to start ecommerce site - choose magento - make it in subdomain.

experience? i'm running approximately 10 Joomla and 20 wp websites... + many others

helmuc, May 12, 2012 IP
  9. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In our city Joomla is popular but as an internet marketer I know wordpress is popular. WP also has thousands of plugins and themes which increases its functionality and appearance.

dess71, May 15, 2012 IP
  10. albertthomas

albertthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Doing any changes in Joomla is very difficult and there is not some options which we have need. So i preferred WordPress.

albertthomas, May 17, 2012 IP
  11. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento why not?? For a ecommerce website it is a wonderful CMS also it's a search engine friendly. If you really want to create a ecommerce website then I will suggest this.

jopsons, May 28, 2012 IP
  12. rswebsols

rswebsols Active Member

Best Answers:
    For E-Commerce Magento is best. But Joomla is the very good and cheapest. Wordpress is better for blogging.

rswebsols, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  13. filegrasper

filegrasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    For ecommerce wordpress is the best one and i had seen many people who are successed with wordpress site. It has best seo than anyother site.

filegrasper, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  14. rswebsols

rswebsols Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please provide some strong points of Wordpress over Magento in case of E-Commerce website?

rswebsols, Jun 8, 2012 IP
    B. Friendly likes this.
  15. Ajay Singh Rana

Ajay Singh Rana Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Magento

Ajay Singh Rana, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  16. joomlaguru

joomlaguru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    without a doubt joomla is the best platform for e=commerce management, the interesting thing is virtual mart has already package everything you need in just one-click installation, and not against using wordpress but according to experience Joomla is more secure that wordpress and e-commerce site are expensive to loose because if your site is accessed by an unwanted visitor that try to download all your product illegally joomla is built to be security conscious and restrict access to some private areas of your website in wordpress you will have to download plugins before your website will be ready but in joomla you only have to download joomla virtual mart bundle it is available in joomla 1.5 and joomla 2.5 it depends on thee type of joomla you want but i will advise joomla 1.5 doe joomla 2.5 is more advance and more secure than joomla 1.5 but joomla 1.5 is has spend couple of years online and many developer has worked real hard to develop good and perfect extensions that will make joomla 1.5 more advance and it has more extensions that joomla 2.5. so what are you waiting for just search for joomla virtual mart and you will be directed to virtual mart website, download the package upload it to your host space read the instruction attached to the package this is what will guide you stage by stage of your installation and maintenance

joomlaguru, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  17. bettybakebake

bettybakebake Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate all the excellent comments. I guess wp is out for the site. I would love a clarification from those who suggest Magento, even with virtual mart as a plug in for joomla, and knowing I am a technoidiot, would you still suggest magento over joomla?

Thanks for all the posters I really appreciate your time.

bettybakebake, Jun 19, 2012 IP