1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla or Drupal?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Sanjay Gandhi, Jan 20, 2012.

I want to make a website. But I am not a programmer. I have heard about joomla and drupal.
    Please tell me which one is better for me? And please give suggestions about other tools too.

Sanjay Gandhi, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  2. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going for CMS I would suggest WordPress which is good and user friendly.

karthimx, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  3. wpfix

wpfix Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sanjay my vote goes to WordPress.

WordPress is an incredibly versatile Content Management System (CMS) which you can use to create a beautiful website, blog or even an e-commerce site.

wpfix, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  4. vmprotect

vmprotect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its depend upon your website theme that for which purpose your website is. If you wanted simple site like blog or simple Company website, or shop, gift its (means non-commercial sites) then Wordpress is the best option and its Highly Search Engine Friendly. But if you wanted to commercial website with products, categories, payment gateway etc then Megento, Joomla and Drupal is the options. All three CMS has its Different and unique feature and quality. For the commercial website my Priority would be ...
    1. Magento
    2. Joomla
    3. Drupal
    No preference of WordPress for commercial websites.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    vmprotect, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  5. diannesw

diannesw Member

Best Answers:
    Between Joomla and Drupal, the first one is more intuitive for beginners. However, Wordpress could do the job just as well; and it's even easier to use and customize.

diannesw, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  6. barbie01

barbie01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same issue here. I wanted to build my own website but I don't even know the basic of doing so.

barbie01, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. popartns

popartns Member

Best Answers:
    For any type of blog or similar best solution is Wordpress. Joomla is full of holes and security issues just look at youtube for hacking Joomla its insane. Drupal is unkown for me so i dont want to say something wrong about it. As for Wordpress it has huge base of plug ins, themes... And as for user friendly interface Wordpress is numero uno.

popartns, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. lizasullivan

lizasullivan Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, joomla have more supports, in addition to the theme modules are also many and varied, and if you run a hotel website, business, blogs, the theme can also be sorted by specific categories. Speaking of WordPress, this is indeed the best web 2.0 CMS on Google eyes, but this platform is often considered to be cms to create a professional blog not a website / portal.

lizasullivan, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  9. JohnHYW

JohnHYW Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla is better as it is easier to use than Drupal. I am speaking from my personal experience. Hope that helps in answering your question.

JohnHYW, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  10. FizixRichard

FizixRichard Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla if your a beginner but WP might be better for you, or look at my sig, my studios CMS is public (http://vue.fizixstudios.com).

Wordpress is a blog utility so taking it beyond that required modding (plugins) and that always introduces risks.
    Joomla and Drupal are nice but as others have said Joomla has a lot of problems (I cant say I like either Joomla or Drupal).

I find a lot of the CMS's and Magento to be bloaty, which is bad, lean code bases are good.
    There is also Expression Engine which is very popular, of the CMS's out there its probably my favorite, second to mine of course :D.

FizixRichard, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  11. BharatBhati

BharatBhati Peon

Best Answers:
    I am always with Joomla. Because it is much higher that Drupal and support more function compare to Drupal. Also it's popularity in the industry make it more usable mode.

BharatBhati, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  12. WebCare||360

WebCare||360 Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is better for beginners or If you really don't have any idea about Joomla than go for Wordpress ;)

WebCare||360, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  13. pinkspider

pinkspider Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree with you... but if you want your site look pros go with drupal it's awesome...

pinkspider, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  14. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are much popular open source platform. The website design and development platform confirm as per your business requirement. If, you can tell me little requirement of website so, i will help you to choose perfect CMS

creativewebmaster, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  15. hocpana

hocpana Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also building a blog site and i think for blog site wordpress is best. If you use CMS then use Joomla.

hocpana, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  16. maz07

maz07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, i would choose to use Wordpress. It is so easy to use and you can also add some plugins there. I have never use Joomla and Drupal but since i moved from Blogger to Wordpress, i never think of changing to others.

maz07, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  17. popartns

popartns Member

Best Answers:
    There are many things that are important when choosing CMS for web site. I just want to highlight important things like ease of use and security. Everything else is adjustable.

popartns, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  18. maz07

maz07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As in my experienced, my Wordpress website have been hacked before but i never get hacked when i am using Blogger. There are many ways you can prevent your website from being hacked which you just need to Google it. :cool:

maz07, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  19. visualju

visualju Member

Best Answers:
    From personal experience, Wordpress, Joomla and then Drupal. in that order.

Make sure you sign up to a good host and that offers a one-click install, it makes it ALOT easier

visualju, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  20. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Wordpress is very easy to use, and also very powerful.

Joomla is more for News sites, and personally I dont like it.

Drupal is the most powerful, but a little bit complicated since you have to learn about the plugins and extensions and be very careful with them.

nicelife, Jan 26, 2012 IP