1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla or Drupal? Planning to setup a new website!

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by jawahar, Jan 17, 2009.

1. webdesigners

webdesigners Banned

Best Answers:
    I think joomla is the best CMS & easy to use. It's also helpful for less code savvy people.

webdesigners, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  2. NeoAkira

NeoAkira Member

Best Answers:
    I also go with Drupal.

It still depends on what you want to accomplish. But Drupal has a clean underlying architecture, is by far the most secure CMS and has a good performance (depends on installed modules). It is also much more flexible in customizing almost all parts. You can start very fast only with installing the needed modules and activating them. With the modules CCK and View you can also create your own Contenttemplates and Views. And as you get used to the whole system or better say framework it opens you much more opportunities.
    Drupal is in my eyes much cleaner expandable than the other CMS and is therefor much safer for the future expansion of any website project.

NeoAkira, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  3. eurisko

eurisko Peon

Best Answers:
    both Drupal and Joomla have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally I use Drupal because I find it to be more highly configurable for what I need it to do. But it can take some time to configure. It just really depends what you are trying to do.

eurisko, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  4. gabdub

gabdub Member

Best Answers:
    I believe Joomla is the way to go. The support is very good and there's allot of mods and what not. I've used both Joomla and Drupal and I found Joomla to be more user friendly.

gabdub, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  5. Ultralite

Ultralite Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla is pretty damn good. But it does have it's own problems. I'm hoping to use Drupal soon.

Ultralite, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  6. Great Designer

Great Designer Banned

Best Answers:
    Joomla is the best.Just learn it.

Great Designer, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  7. jawahar

jawahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found that to create a page in Joomla takes 4 to 5 steps.. Starting from section,categ,menu mgr,menu and then article and then module manager.. Phew !!

In drupal just create content and all the other configuration can be done in the article creation page itself(except module which is a one time job) !!

jawahar, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  8. Mitch900

Mitch900 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla vs Drupal is really a judgement cal. They both do about the same thing and one might be better than the other at certain things and not at others.

The real obvious one here is that wordpress is limited and trying to do something with it is not impossible, but you're in for a lot of work and modification to get it to do what Drupal or Joomla do out of the box.

Mitch900, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  9. evans.chris84

evans.chris84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Joomla is a better option any day; thanks to its wonderful user-friendly content and a rich resource library of various options to make your website more attractive.

Even as a programmer or a non-programmer, you will find JOOMLA a better tool to enhance.

evans.chris84, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  10. Solid_Nuts

Solid_Nuts Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're wrong, developers and large companies all prefer drupal over any other open source CMS.

I can list ten's of large corporations/companies/sites that use drupal, could you do the same with joomla?

Solid_Nuts, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  11. jawahar

jawahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree to this point... My company also did the same !!!

jawahar, Jan 26, 2009 IP