1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

joomla or dreamweaver?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by Victor_P, Dec 18, 2006.

1. pinus

pinus Banned

Best Answers:
    I think JOOMLA is the best option for you :)

Joomla and mambo both are fully-featured CMS application.
    you can do everything you like.Both tools provide great capabilities and are excellent solutions for creating and managing a website.

pinus, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  2. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like you to go with joomla.

zubizubi, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  3. CafaMagician80

CafaMagician80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla (or other CMSs) are always the best choice unless you need to write custom code.

Pages programmed with HTML/PHP/CSS are more flexible (if you're a good programmer) and are generally much faster, because Joomla is relying heavily on MySQL databases.

So, unless you have a really good reason to write code yourself, use Joomla. It's flexible enough for most things.

Take note, even if you do need custom HTML code, sometimes it's better to embed it as an article in Joomla than designing custom code for the entire site. Do not write custom code unless you are an experienced programmer and know what you're doing and why you're doing it.

CafaMagician80, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  4. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can totally agree with you. Dreamweaver is great tool for very experienced website designers who know html, css and JavaScript coding very well. But if you are not so experienced yet it is much better to start building your website using CMS programs, preferable Joomla. It has plenty of templates with a lot of functionality so you don't need it to create from scratch which is very hard for non-experienced designers.
    And like you I prefer clean html and css code so if it is possible to edit them so I would also use Dreamweaver to do that job.
    So to sum up, Joomla is good for creation and Dreamweaver for maintaining it.

richardm55, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  5. elitestar47

elitestar47 Peon

Best Answers:
    From your options, The best and the easily managed one is joomla, Dreamviewer and mamboo will be difficult to edit and manage whereas Joomla is an open source html based script which can be easily managed. Moreover, You can also try WordPress, That one is also a good option.

Best Of Luck.
    Best Regards,
    Team - Elite

elitestar47, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  6. saadvi

saadvi Peon

Best Answers:
    for build site by dreamweaver you needed a good knowledge in programming language, but for joomla you dont needed to know any language

saadvi, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. I am going to build my next website with using Joomla and then I will use Dreamweaver for maintaining the code.

richardm55, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  8. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:
    Both of them and completely different, Joomla as a CMS have many advantages but its completely depends upon your need what you require :)

kanikaseo, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  9. SEO Support

SEO Support Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Joomla is CMS system and Dreamweaver is a software for making the websites. So it depends on you that whatever you chose joomla or mombo,

SEO Support, Sep 11, 2012 IP