1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla, drupal, Wordpress which one runs faster?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by popoguy, Aug 29, 2009.

I am using Joomla now, and I am satisfied with its functions.
    But there is a but, in this forum, I find others are talking about the stability of drupal, and easy to use feature of Wordpress. all of those information confused me. What I want to know is which one runs faster in the same server setting?

Any opinions?

I need your suggestions before I make the decision to move to other cms!

popoguy, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. thianpa

thianpa Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is a bit big compared to drupal and wordpress. I believe wordpress is the lightest as its not a complicated script. It all depends on the addons you created.

thianpa, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Others on the net say Drupal runs faster.

I can tell you from experience that you can have
    many plugins running on Joomla and slow it down.
    I am sure you can do that for Drupal and other
    CMS's also.

Blue Star Ent., Aug 29, 2009 IP
  4. SearchEngineAce

SearchEngineAce Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes about the running of websites, though dependent on web servers, but obviously Wordpress is an ace. Not just because the platform has some really great code structure and optimized architecture but also because the platform is not for all types of websites , but mostly caters to the websites with blog themes, etc.

SearchEngineAce, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  5. davidyxf

davidyxf Peon

Best Answers:
    If you enable the Cache function joomla is faster! But you have to clear the Cache when you update website content!

davidyxf, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  6. bara.munchies

bara.munchies Peon

Best Answers:
    i would not take the speed or performance of the system as a base to make decision. there are lots of ways to tune every system.
    wordpress is slimmer, if it can cover all your needs now and in the future, than go for it. i would say drupal and joomla are kind of heavier, but it can make a lot of sense as well.

bara.munchies, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  7. Muzamil

Muzamil Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal gets my vote! (for speed)

Muzamil, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  8. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will actually depend on your theme, plugins, images on your site etc, and few more things like how many post you have on first page.

aap, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  9. petemurray

petemurray Peon

Best Answers:
    I ran Word Press for a while, then built my new website using Joomla. I was very happy with Joomla, and would not go back to Word Press. Joomla give me more options, and I beleive is a more stable and predictable program

petemurray, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  10. HighRankingSEO

HighRankingSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is good to go. Depeneds on what you need the site for. Drupal is alright, but I think that Joomla far exceeds Drupal in many dif. areas...you just need to know how to keep everything running smoothly no matter which one you pick and it will be fine.

HighRankingSEO, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  11. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Well I have used both Joomla and Wordpress, I think Wordpress is much faster and sometimes easier to manage but it still depends on your needs- I have tried to build a blog with Joomla but wasn't successful then I started for Wordpress now I m using both on different sites... Joomla has good functions like the modules you can put anything anywhere on your website but with wordpress it's not that easy and wordpress is much about your theme, you have to choose a theme before starting wordpress but its not the problem with Joomla... But there are really fast development for both of theme.. so just keep up..

extraspecial, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  12. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal has probably the biggest following and largest number of extensions with Joomla being second. It is also the only one that can truely support myspace/facebook type personalization. PHP is the weakest part of the equation which makes PHP based CMS critical to stay on top of it from administration perspective. You do need to upgrade with every security flow or else be open to be hacked. It is much more secure to run DNN with security updates about once a year which is easy to manage.
    Drupal 7 is on the way and Joomla 1.5 seems to be relatively new. with Joomla 1.x still being supported another new version is unlikely. DNN 6.x s about one year away. So any big change like versioning is not likely soon.

aeroz1, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  13. nwebsphere

nwebsphere Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is huge as compared to drupal and wordpress with highest security .whereas drupal has much more extensions and plugins available . Both joomla and drupal are bit complicated as compared to wordpress . Wordpress is easier to use . Your choice depends upon your requirement . But i think joomla is great.

nwebsphere, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  14. mdraja123

mdraja123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now a time wordpress used for only blog.. But drupal & Joomla highly compitation because Both are SEO friendly, user friendly... both futures are equal.. in 2008, 2009 joomla user is high.. now 2010 drupal almost reach in joomla..
    -----------------------

mdraja123, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  15. c4gamerz

c4gamerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Their are many things which should be considered before choosing right cms for any project. First thing is the feature set which these platforms are providing.
    Wordpress is used for simpler websites or you can say websites with less features. Also its really easy to use wordpress than joomla and drupal as they are way complex.
    Joomla and drupal are being used for complex websites with features which wordpress cant provide. Its really hard to manage joomla and drupal for beginners because their are loads of features built in these softwares. Now if you ask me to choose between joomla and drupal than i will go for drupal because its lot more securer than joomla. Correct me if i am wrong that drupal is the only platform which has a dedicated security team (talking about drupal and joomla). Speed wise it depends on the number of factors like theme, modules etc so wordpress can be as heavier than drupal or joomla if you use loads of plugins in it. But if you compare these three platforms speed wise without any third party plugins than wordpress will definitely win.

c4gamerz, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  16. shellybr84

shellybr84 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress is good for new bloggers, and then we can move forward with Drupal and the Joomla.

shellybr84, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  17. Alexandros1

Alexandros1 Peon

Best Answers:
    To me WordPress is a great choice for straightforward, simply arranged Web sites. It’s the easiest system to install and understand, and is easy to maintain and update, putting site setup within reach of anyone with a sense of technical adventure.Joomla is a solid utility player, good for a variety of different situations. It’s relatively straightforward to install and set up.Flexible and powerful, Drupal is a great choice for more complex sites. It supports a wide variety of site structures—you can define very detailed rules as to what content should be displayed where, and build your own custom content types.

Alexandros1, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  18. shellybr84

shellybr84 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said, wordpress is the best platform for new bloggers and easy to manage, easy plugins available, crawl rate is superb..

shellybr84, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  19. hiteshb

hiteshb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress runs fast, joomla runs slow. No idea about drupal.

hiteshb, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  20. pradeep.onlineinfo

pradeep.onlineinfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Drupal runs fast.

pradeep.onlineinfo, Jul 7, 2010 IP