1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla Component Needed - Video Upload

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Strommy, Dec 30, 2007.

Hey all,

Please PM me quotes for a component for Joomla that would basically mimic YouTube. It would definately need rating, comments, etc. I would also need modules such as "Top Rated Videos", "New Videos", etc.

Thank you.

Strommy, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  2. filma

filma Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There are already 3 Free components that can do that for you :p >> Well if you want to get your own coded your choice.

filma, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. synergy

synergy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please tell us which 3 components you're referring to and where to find them. Thanks.

synergy, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  4. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    you can try Seyret Video Component also you need Jmovies components for "Top Rated Videos", "New Videos"

pm me for discuss.

Thanks

me4you, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  5. no1youknowz

no1youknowz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What are the 3 free components that you know of?

Seyret Video Component : http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1628/Itemid,35/

Flash FLV and Video Streaming for your Joomla site with XSSTUDIO : http://www.joomla.org/content/view/636/37/

Jmovies : http://www.jmovies.eu/

These are the ones that I know of..

no1youknowz, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  6. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    how much can you customize them?

can you set prices and charge for videos etc... like a pay site?

can you insert adds into the videos

can users subscribe?

gder01, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  7. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Right now I'm dealing with Seyret, and I'm having it customized. Ironically, my host company is doing it. :)

For my needs, the basic component is too simplistic, and it doesn't even handle Quicktime without customization. Also, DiVX, though allegedly allowed, isn't really implemented yet as it should be.

I don't think Seyret is built with charging for viewing in mind, but there are other Joomla components for that.

And, if anyone out there has successfully had Seyret customized, or has coding experience customizing this component, drop me a line. I'd really like to know more.

Bratzilla, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  8. machikakara

machikakara Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well i mean you can use the systems like that and you may find one but i think you should just have a custom script done. The hardest part is a video encode but you can skip that most of the time if the file type is flash or divx. I can make what your saying for about 50$.

machikakara, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  9. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'd like a custom script, but I have to watch budget right now. I know what I want, but don't know if I can afford it. Isn't that always the way?

See, here is what I'd like:

Quicktime - Play in Quicktime Player OR encode to high-quality flash (webmaster option set in administrator)
    DiVX - HD Format, play in DiVX Player OR encode to high-quality flash (webmaster option again)

Flash of course plays in Flash player. An extra bonus is that, from what I've been told, the most recent Flash codec can play Quicktime format. Of course, I'm no expert, so don't quote me.

Basically, the reason I was using Seyret as a foundation is that it already exists as a Joomla extension, and really a few mods would probably make this what I need. So, I really need a Php/Flash (ActionScript) guru who ain't scared of tearing something apart and putting it together right. Oh yeah, a nice new custom player too would be a nice touch.

10. machikakara

machikakara Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    oh ok well i mean when ever you encode you need to have to be on a server with FFMEPG and then it can make high cpu on shared hosting and what not so you could get banded so i would not recommend video encoding if your on a shared server. The next thing the last time i checked righting a video encoder script is not easy unless you can send a terminal command and i dont really think you can do that in php so i would have to use python or c++ or java. Then it goes back to integrating them with php. So thats one reason most people don't do it there are sites that allow you to upload and encode but not sure if thats what you want as a middle ground.

I do not recommend doing it with quicktime as much as i would with divx i just believe divx to be a more solid codec. So that is what i have to say about this Maybe you should give us a budgets if it is limited so then people have an idea of what there getting in to.

11. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tell you what...

You seem very knowledgeable. PM me, please, at your soonest convenience to discuss...

12. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry... forgot to address budget...

I'm open, but trying to stay under $300 give or take. I've been reading something about Apple and Adobe Flash 9. Right now, I'm not too sure about DiVX given that, half the time, I cannot even connect to the codebase to even get the online player going. Again, If I could take Seyret (which has all the modules, plugins, Joomla administrative features, etc.), and make it use a Universal Player (i.e., Flash 9 previously named 'MovieStar') that handles all of the major audio/video file types (i.e., mp4, 3gp, mov, mp3, flv, swf, etc.), I think a LOT of my problems would be solved. I wouldn't even need to encode (hopefully).

I'm new to all this stuff, so anyone who can point me in the right direction, or offer programming services, please feel free to contact me.

13. machikakara

machikakara Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah i sent you a pm. Just read it and tell me what you think.

14. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Responded. Feel free to continue discussion via PM.

15. livelimmitless

livelimmitless Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah I really need something along the same lines a custom joomla page for video similar to youtube but with two separate video sections one for the videos made in house by our staff and one for users to sumbit videos. The only real hard coding I needs is a video carousal that I already have that loads video and video information from an xml file. I want there to be a featured video section which allows me to select ten of our videos on the site that will change out the information in the xml file. Let me know if anyone can accommodate this. I have sample screen shots that I have put together for overall navigation and page structures. let me know around the cost of a job like this

livelimmitless, Aug 12, 2008 IP