1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla - Comments on content

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by sayyes, Mar 28, 2006.

Hey everyone,

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with Joomla, but I can't seem to find anything that allows users to comment on content items.

I've looked on developer.joomla.org and found the Joomla Community News component, but I don't see a way to download it...

I must be missing something painfully obvious because this seems like something many people would want.

TIA.

sayyes, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
  3. keliix06

keliix06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also search for AkoComment. I've used it on several projects.

keliix06, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  4. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    Now that we have nicely blurred the boundary between blog software and a CMS, just what are some project requirements that would make you choose Joomla over Wordpress for example?

mhdoc, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  5. Sarangan

Sarangan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a comment component named akocomment. It is free. And there is one more component joomlaboard. A forum with comment system.

Sarangan, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. doga

doga Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check this site. You will find everything for joomla here

http://www.extensions.joomla.org/

doga, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  7. peach

peach Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I found the comments modules for mambo/joomla very inflexibe. they didn't do what I wanted, so I made my own.

you can see it in action here:
    w w w.starpodium.com/jessica-simpson/news/sweet-kisses---new-cosmetics-line-out.html

My comments component mainly differs from the rest in that you can allow non-members to post comments. Of course in order to give this option, very extensive spam filtering techniques are implemented wich filter out nearly 100% of your spam.
    It also allows to disable commenting in specific sections/categories/content items, it has built-in admin notification emails and an interface to manage the publishing/unpublishing/removal of comments. I'm also going to add authors-notification of comments, so that my authors don't keep forgetting about my site ;)

I think I'm going to release the component commercially when it's done, but if you're interested send me an email or a pm.. as I would need some sites on my "as-see-on" list :)

Sorry about the messed up link I got some error about the normal link

peach, Apr 4, 2006 IP