1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla blog Layout help

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by lancef, Dec 11, 2012.

I hope this is the right place to post this topic.

I've created a Joomla website and added a blog. On the blog page I've added a sidebar module named 'search' and 'categories' and assigned them to show up only on the blog page.

I'm using K2 for the articles and categories.

So it looks like this

------header-----
    Blog Post| Search
    Blog Post| Categories
    Blog Post|

When I click an actual blog post I want to remove the sidebar on just the posts to show them full width so it's looks like this.

------header-----
    Blog Post---------

I don't know how to do this and I would like some help.

Thank you.

lancef, Dec 11, 2012 IP
  2. Slokix

Slokix Peon

Best Answers:
    First Advice, when you post such question, please give more details about the joomla version you are using. It will help a lot.

Anyway, if you want to hide some menu/modules when you are browsing you content are located in a specific part of your website, it's quite simple.
    This option is defined in each module. You can when when to show or hide the module (menus are modules too)

Just go in module manager and edit each module you want to hide in your case.

Regards

Slokix, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  3. lancef

lancef Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using Joomla 2.5.

I open the menu, I have my menu item linked to my blog category called 'blogposts'. the I selected the modules category and search to show up on the right sidebar. I click my 'blog' from the menu and my posts show up on the left and my 2 modules on the right. This is exactly how it should be.

What I fail to understand is when I click and blog post, it loads an article called say 'My First blog post', it also shows my search and categories on the sidebar. I cannot find any options in my category or article to enable/disable modules.

lancef, Dec 14, 2012 IP