1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I have no idea when that show is on or who the anchors are.

homebizseo, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nor do I, I don't watch it....

Last I heard though it's all woman.

GRIM, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    GRIM, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    View belongs to Barbara Walters, She is one of the most important journalist of All time. She has interviewed every single head of state in the 70s and 80s and had a lot of them crushed.
    here is where she is not so liberal.
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DEFD91F3EF934A25750C0A961948260
    http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/W/htmlW/waltersbarb/waltersbarb.htm
    Mccain should have known who he is doing the interview with. He is sexist to underestimate the show because it is made for women.

pizzaman, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL... best line of the thread and it sailed by without mention. What a shame. ;)

Grim - If you happened to catch the Obama ad that I saw yesterday where Carly Fiorina (former HP CEO, and a McCain spokesperson, unless theyve canned her silly butt) was shown saying that McCain wasn't qualified to run a big company. It rather awkwardly stops her in mid-sentence with her mouth open.

She did say it, and the Obama add went on to conclude that even his own advisors did not think McCain fit to be CEO, how would he be CEO of a nation, etc. Then it explained that Obama of course was immensely qualified.

The balance of that sentence was where she said neither were any of the other three... Palin, Obama, or Biden... but that isnt what they are running for. Being a CEO requires... (blah blah blah). It was a rather horseshit piece of self-aggrandizement from Ms Fiorina, who didnt need to pat herself on the back instead of recall what she was there for.

Nonetheless the ad uses Fiorina as a source that McCain is unfit while ignoring that the same source considered Obama unfit. Honest? Ethical? Naah. I'm sure some will disagree, but their agreement doesnt stop anyone else from going with the obvious "low blow" tag.

robjones, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure there are some disinformation on Obama's end as well, however after seeing what McCain has been running I can safely say he deserves it.

We both know when one goes dirty, if the people eat it up the other guy has no choice but to run dirty as well.

By and large from what I have watched McCain's ads have been the most vile, dishonest pieces of garbage I have ever watched.

I used to really respect McCain. I supported him before the new found supporters of him did. This election, how he's going about it, has made me glad I dropped that support.

GRIM, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is the only one really to be president

soniqhost.com, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    he isn't ready for the ladies of the view. how is he ready to be president

pizzaman, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  9. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Most Americans think he and Palin are ready also.

homebizseo, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Even if 'most' Americans voted for them 'most' from what I have talked to only support McCain as they do not trust Obama.

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  11. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone care for a waffle?

So is Obama planning on creating a cap and trade system? Will that include you and me? Any reason you think that is not a tax?

What about those Bush tax cuts? Is Obama planning on removing them? Yep. But he won't raise taxes on those making under $250,000? Right. :rolleyes:

He also plans on removing the cap on the Social Security tax. Not a tax hike?

He is also planning on raising the Capital Gains tax. If you watched the O'Rielly interview , you heard him state that as a fact. Geex Grim, where do you come up with this stuff?

jkjazz, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Read what I stated, I was emphasizing on the 'lies' not attack or not attack.
    A slight tweak or disinformation is totally different than flat out lies, constant flat out lies that McCain has been using over and over.

You can have your waffle all you want, try adding some syrup to it as well.
    Taxing a certain percentage of people while giving breaks to others is not raising everyones income tax now is it?
    Ahh yes the tax cuts McCain in the past opposed, but now says he wants to keep.
    From what I read Obama wants to cut taxes under $250,000. But sure you can believe McCain who flip flipped, right..

When did I say he would not raise any taxes? You twist as bad as McCains ads, no wonder you don't see lies as lies.
    Again when did I say he would not increase a single tax?

Geez jkjazz you spin it just like McCain, all the while acting like you're being truthful.

:rolleyes:

So even you can understand it and stop the 'lies' on your own end.
    I state 'not lie filled in the least'. I do no state he has not attacked.
    Much of what I have personally watched in a whole of the election Obama's ads were very positive, recently he has come out with more attack ads to counter McCains attack ads.
    The emphasis was still on lying, McCains ads by far and large are filled with lies where Obama's up until that point had not been.'

'some' disinformation is entirely different than flat out lies and nothing more, they are totally different of one another.
    Again discussing the emphasis on lies of the ads.
    Where do I state he wont raise a single tax?

:rolleyes:

Next failed attempt?

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  13. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It will occur during Obama or Biden next speech. I like the way Biden turned on the Catholic phrases yesterday.

14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mccain-palin_distorts_our_finding.html

This one is priceless, lying about 'factcheck.org's' findings and being busted by factcheck.org.

I'm sure Obama uses some disinformation, all politicians do. There is a huge difference from putting an angle on something using the facts with a slight spin to your side, we do it in debates every single day.

Compared to putting items out there that are such outright lies that you'd need to be literally blind not to see them.

If anyone can not see the difference, well I honestly feel sorry for them.

The McCain lies are so in front of your face you'd have to be wearing a football helmet not to be smacked by them.

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    "Obama has run very positive ads, not lie filled in the least?" "Obama will raise all taxes?"

Tell me how either of those are truths.

I do not believe that McCain ever stated that Obama would raise every single tax that you and I currently pay. Do you?

That was not your point. This quote was in reference to Obama's cap and trade tax. Not only will Obama raise taxes, he will create new ones!
    We are talking about what you claimed was a lie. You are claiming that McCain lied about Obama raising taxes on those making less than 250K.

I have heard Obama state that he wants to cut taxes on those making less than $250K also. I'm sure that he "wants" to, but I do not see any possible way that he "will", given all of the tax proposals that he has tossed out there.
    You did not. You claimed that McCain was lying.
    Again, you did not. You claimed that McCain was lying.
    I actually suspect that you caught yourself. I now see that a couple of posts later you backed off the "not lie filled in the least" idea.

Here is a nice little treat from your friends over at msnbc. They don't seem to agree with you. It talks about Obama's negative ads and how Obama is spinning McCain's position on abortion.

Source

Do you really think that it is McCain is lying whe he says that Obama will raise taxes for the rest of us that make less than 250K?

jkjazz, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  16. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    John McCain and Sarah Palin are nothing but FAKES. I'm sure John McCain would've been a much better running mate about 20 years ago but he's getting way too old now and is slowing down. Maybe you guys should take a second look at your candidate. BTW Did I mention I was Republican but I'm voting Democrat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWX5u69hmzY

gregdavidson, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whether you call it disinformation or the more common term, you just said you prefer one persons method of imparting falsehood over another person's method. [2+2 is MUCH higher than 3+1 !]

It's just embarrassing to see you hit the fainting couch on the basis of such a patently ignorant position, and your credibility plummets when you do it. Obama's ads and statements are misleading on their best days and if you just like him more that's fine... your call, but cease and desist from the sanctimonious nonsense of calling others blind while your own sight is apparently grossly occluded by personal preferences.

robjones, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  18. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Planning on being first in line for your handouts, Greg? To bad you think that everyone else should pay for your health insurance.

What's wrong with "you take care of yours and I'll take care of mine"?

jkjazz, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  19. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people want the other man to take care of them. Think about this. Obama said he wants rich America to do their part in burden even a larger % of the tax. Everyone stood up and cheered because they think it will not effect them. Stick it to the big man.

If you stick it to the big man it will trickle down with an increase effect.

What if Obama said everyone is going to share the tax burden equally. 35% across the board. ummm no cheers. he not sticking to the big man.

How about reduce government by 25% and decrease taxes on everyone by 10%. Net 15%

Obama has no plan just talk.

20. Allen91

Allen91 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, I don't want John McCain and Sarah Palin to our president of US.

The way they talked, what they supported and what they will do, just make me afraid that we never get better.

For John McCain, he just has to go back home to rest, the way he had speech, just made me want to turn the TV off, just like Bush.:mad:

Allen91, Sep 18, 2008 IP