1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you STOP at some point and we just missed it? The name calling is pretty unhelpful.

robjones, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    you missed it like you missed the rest of the post.
    you can change your mind you know. You do not have to support Mccain

pizzaman, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Funny, the sig still includes name-calling, so I suspect I'm correct that you never stopped. It doesnt make you look smart to co-opt the tactics generally reserved for 6th graders. If you want to post with the big kids, the namecalling leaves you at an obvious competitive disadvantage. Have it your way, assume it is making any point besides hurting your message.

4. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    name calling? in this election?
    what part of "same" you find offensive ?

pizzaman, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pizza - The noise you just heard was the point whizzing overhead. Don't worry about it. I'm sure you hear it frequently.

6. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had it! I'm moving to Canada. Maybe their country is a little more united than this one is. They should change the name of this country to the Divided States Of America. I'm sick of dealing with all these "Bush Lovers" that want to run this country straight into the hole. Or maybe deep down inside they don't want to support Obama because he isn't an old white man which I think is wrong.

gregdavidson, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any time someone wants to take their toys and leave because the democratic process makes them angry, there's a temptation to offer to help 'em pack.

8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I saw the old man today again with his wife in an interview with Diane Sawyer
    She asked about abortion and the old man's wife said that these are not what american people are intrested in.
    Funnnnnnnnnnny. after all Pailin's only qualification was carrying a baby, and being close to russia. They just wanted to weasel out of answering the questions.
    Mccain should take his mother to the next interview to protect him from these savage reporters :p

pizzaman, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Stream of consciousness bigotry. In your defense, I havent seen you insult midgets, yet.

robjones, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  10. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol crying again. pugs have no shame.
    check this out. They are trying to scare the Jewish retirees of Florida. I said this a while back

11. Allen91

Allen91 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like John McCain from the beginning of election. I just hope next year of USA can be little better than this year.
    :)

Allen91, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't speak to the veracity of the report, but looking around this forum I can certainly verify that those profess hatred for the US seem to universally favor Obama. Correct me if that is not true.

Personally I'd think twice before electing the guy that everyone who hates the US prefers. Call me cautious.

13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that is the case at all. The few that might 'hate the US' and claim to support Obama are only doing so because they see McCain as the same as Bush.

Nothing about actual politics and to make a decision based off of that is simply silly at best. Many who love the US also support Obama, both domestic and abroad.

GRIM, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  14. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody likes she-chaney and the change-a-con
    maybe because of people like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di2XVJljadA

15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That wasnt stated as my reason for supporting him, I've detailed that elsewhere.

I didn't say all those here supporting Obama hate the US, I said those that hate the US support Obama. Still a factor worthy of consideration, IMO. YMMV

16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I do hear what you're saying, Rob, and I think that's likely true: America's potential enemies would prefer an Obama candidacy, though I think that may be for a host of reasons, and we can't come to a reductionist conclusion very readily. Forgetting whatever the reality is, for the moment, my bird's eye view of world perception is that most will likely see in Obama someone more apt to negotiate first, and go to war later, and in McCain, the opposite. Whether one is right, and the other wrong, is divorced from the obvious "of course" enemies would prefer the former, over the latter.

To take a hackneyed example (and yes, I know, Hitler will always bring buckets of baggage in any argument), to turn your argument to the obverse, lots of people that hated interwar Germany, too, didn't support Hitler and supported the SDP's ascendancy. Does this mean they were wrong, with respect to the German election?

northpointaiki, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Am I dealing with multi-millionaires here or something? Or are you guys just blind and don't want to admit the Republican party has been a failure for this country in the past 8 years and will be again! Please explain to me why EXACTLY you support the "Bush Wannabe". Is it because he was a POW that will probably bring this country to war with Vietnam? He's so much like Bush that I can see that happening. Or maybe you guys love war, high gas prices, and a screwed up economy. Or are you just racist and don't want to see a highly intelligent African American become our next president? I'd like an honest response because I'm really confused here.

gregdavidson, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Am I dealing with multi-millionaires here or something?
    In my case you're dealing with someone thats been around long enough to know the Dems dont exactly have a history that supports them being big on decreasing taxes.

Please explain to me why EXACTLY you support the "Bush Wannabe".
    Have done so in several threads already. Opening one more thread about the election was your idea.

Is it because he was a POW that will probably bring this country to war with Vietnam? He's so much like Bush that I can see that happening.
    That's possibly because you arent aware McCain was one of the primary proponents that got the US to normalize relations with Vietnam? It was a bi-partisan effort (the stuff Obama only talks about doing) and I'm pretty sure it made the papers. Read before speaking.

Or maybe you guys love war, high gas prices, and a screwed up economy.
    I've lived thru several screwed up economies, but I'm old enough to recall the Carter administration. The last guy I wanna put in charge of it is a junior senator with no related experience. As for gas prices... we'd probably have been drilling a lot more to reduce our dependence on foreign oil if one party wasnt more worried about caribou than US citizens.

Or are you just racist and don't want to see a highly intelligent African American become our next president?
    Doesnt even deserve an answer. The people that keep bringing up race are Obama fans.

I'd like an honest response because I'm really confused here.
    The above answers are honest, and you arent just confused, you're poorly informed and using disingenuous arguments as well.

19. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    So basically you're one of those people that believes that government can survive without taxes and Bush is a complete success. THIS COUNTRY HAS SO MUCH DEBT THAT OUR ONLY OPTION IS TO RAISE TAXES TO GET RID OF IT! This country is BROKE and people like you ONLY THINK OF YOURSELF and ignore what's really going on!!!!!! Simply raising the taxes by a very small percentage will mean a world of difference. We need somebody who will manage this country the way it should be WITHOUT WASTEFUL SPENDING. And I'm sure McCain knows plenty about wasteful spending. That's why he has 7 different home and his wife supposedly wore about $300,000 worth of jewelry to the Republican National Convention. Managing America in a sense is like running a business and those that succeed are the ones that know how to get things done efficiently without spending on things they don't need. This includes a war in a country that has nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorist attacks!

gregdavidson, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  20. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know a fella that can fix that capslock for ya.