1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah, no worries. I thought we were distinguishing the economy generally from the financial markets (which is an apt distinction, actually, in my opinion).

northpointaiki, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    OK. I'm not trying to bust your chops, but the trend started a few days ago, as I spoke of yesterday. I read:

And this led me to believe you were talking about truly current news - which is all bad for McCain, actually, as every poll and trendtracker I've seen is showing.

3. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I see. So it's not "all" taxes at all.
    Good move. You would have to be a moron to think that McCain stated that Obama would raise every tax known to man.
    Oh, so now we are just talking about income taxes? I thought we were talking about "all" taxes. Isn't that what your accusation states? That the viscious liar McCain say Obama will raise "all" taxes?
    No, you said that McCain was lying when he states that Obama will raise taxes.

I said:
    "So is Obama planning on creating a cap and trade system? Will that include you and me? Any reason you think that is not a tax?"

You said:
    "Taxing a certain percentage of people while giving breaks to others is not raising everyones income tax now is it?"

That did not apply to Obama's cap and trade tax. Cap and Trade is not limited to those making over 250K. so I said:
    "That was not your point. This quote was in reference to Obama's cap and trade tax. Not only will Obama raise taxes, he will create new ones!"

:rolleyes:
    Don't twist this. I did not accuse you of lying. I did not. It's just not there.

So what is it GRIM? Are we talking about "all" taxes or just income taxes?

With all of the evidence that I have shown you would have to be a total idiot to think that Obama would not raise taxes on those making less than $250K

Does Obama plan to roll back the Bush tax cuts on income tax for only those making over 250K?
    When Obama states on O'Reilly that he will <snip> increase capital gains taxes and kill the Bush tax cuts, that is an increase. Plus Cap and Trade. Plus raising the income cap where Social Security taxes are no longer charged from 97K to infinity is not an increase?
    you would have to be absolutely stupid to think that "Obama has run very positive ads, not lie filled in the least?" is the same as "normal political campaign ads". I just linked to an MSNBC article which states that Obama is running a much more negative campaign than McCain.

Then you follow with:

So which is it? Does Obama lie or not? Maybe you just give him a pass and call it "spin" or "normal political campaign ads".

Which is it? Given the MSNBC article, are you still sticking with your absurd notion that "Obama has run very positive ads"?

Perfect. You can't even answer a direct question. :rolleyes:

Come on grim, live a little. Try to answer a question for me.

Do you really think that it is McCain is lying whe he says that Obama will raise taxes for the rest of us that make less than 250K?

jkjazz, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares about the polls. John Karry was ahead in the polls and he still lost.

gregdavidson, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    My local news was far left after Obama visit and then they shifted far right. They jumped shipped to McCain

I found one from today. http://www.politico.com/convention/swingstate.html

What happens if it ends 269 to 269?

homebizseo, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  6. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Us news junkies get an early Christmas.

LogicFlux, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  7. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    very funny reply.

8. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Quit supporting Bush people! It's time for change!

[​IMG]

9. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, it'll make 2000 look like senior's bingo night.

LogicFlux, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with Bush?

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    The map you provide shows Obama 273, McCain 265.

The supreme court draws straws, as they did in 2000? :D

12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Why what numbers is it suppose to be? I just pulled the first one I came to off the net. [/QUOTE]

Very funny reply. I am glad to see you in a good mood today.

13. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with Bush???!!!! OMG!!!!! You have got to be KIDDING ME!!! No wonder why you're voting for McCain.

14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My intent was income taxes, you know if you are in question of something you can always ask.

He also infers a much more broad spectrum than income taxes.
    Are you serious? I have listed links that prove what my intention was.
    I did not lie, yet again if you had a question you could simply ask.
    Nice though, instead of going after the issue of yes McCain did lie, try to change it to me. Great strategy there you have.
    Did you bother to read the link I posted to?
    You are totally going off the deep end to try to prove something that is not there.

McCain's ads are so untruthful you would have to be an idiot not to see it, already linked to factcheck.org for you, I see you don't want to discuss McCain's lies though.

MSNBC says Obama recently went more negative than McCain, you leave out
    your good friends at MSNBC stating 'Obama the new Mr. Negative' who would he be replacing?... hmmmm

I can admit Obama does use distortions, it's common place, I never said McCain never attacked.

The difference between standard distortions used in campaign and those flat out lies McCain uses are night and day.

Can you simply admit McCain has lied? You still have yet to admit that, instead you have put the focus on me and Obama which is outright pathetic.

I never stated Obama has never lied, nor did I state he did not run attack ads. You are yet again trying to change the subject to me and Obama, instead of focusing on the type of lies McCain has done.

I guess since there is not defense to the type of ads McCain has done you only have one option, the option you are so desperately trying to do.
    When have I ever said he does not lie? There is a huge difference from what Obama has done to what McCain has done and continues to do. The only one giving anyone a pass is you with McCain.

Both sides suck, I've said it before I'll say it again. But nope that doesn't stop you from doing all you can do to take the focus off of McCain.
    All and all from the history of the campaign he has. The article from MSNBC also states he has taken it over, which is RECENT McCain is the one who started with the attack ads.

You can not be serious with this line of crap posts you are making. I am sicker than a dog here and I am honestly laughing at your attempt. Even in my condition you are simply pathetic at your attempt to focus off of what McCain has done, all the while having the nerve to say I'm giving a pass.

You are also forgetting the fact that I brought up that McCain is using the flat out lies in his negative ads the same as with his normal ones, the meat of my point. But nope try to twist as much as you can to take the discussion off of McCain lying.

I have answered over and over....
    Come on, realize your attempt at spinning will get you nowhere, realize that McCain has lied.
    Read the link I have provided, McCain has lied, like it or not.

Until you admit McCain has lied, there seriously is no point in discussing this with you at all. Every factcheck type site on the campaign I have looked into by far and large shows McCain using lies frequently in his ads.

Sorry you don't like those facts.

Good luck on the twisting of trying to change posts to take off of what your guy says in his ads.

I think both suck, so sorry I'm not trying to be pro one side unlike you, I'm calling it how I see it.

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    You know what I think? I believe you. I think that you are seriously ill. And I mean that. I actually expected a nasty, sarcasm filled retort. You don't sound like yourself.

I'm sorry that I bothered you.

We might finish this later.

Get well soon , GRIM.

jkjazz, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  16. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    pizzaman, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Well for one thing, in just 7 short years he forced a company that was in business over 158 years to implode:rolleyes:

He caused Hurricane Katrina - and then had the balls to make them squander all that levy money they had for the last 40+ years on stupid shit. :rolleyes:

If I recall, he stole an election - even though he had more votes. :rolleyes:

That bastard wimped out during Vietnam and decided to fly Jets instead (a really safe occupation I might add, not only that, only really dumb people like Bush are capable T-33A's and F-102A's.) Yeah, those are really easy to fly.:rolleyes:

Wait, didn't Bush cause 9/11 too?

Mia, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad most of the nation does not agree with you, nor are most people dumb enough to fall for such tactics.

But remember Clinton caused the company to implode in 8 short years, I guess that extra year made all the difference.

BTW he had more votes the first time around?

But that's right anything good that happens = Bush did it.
    Anything bad = Democrats fault.

I love that logic.

GRIM, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  19. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    You just can't have it both ways, grim.

If, on one hand, you want to nail somebody's head to the wall while using literal definitions and quoting their words verbatim, how can you then set there and put words in Mia's mouth?

Respond to what Mia said, not what you think she said.

Mia said nothing about Clinton, nothing about democrats, nothing about republicans.

Since you love your logic so much, please use it now. :rolleyes:

jkjazz, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Go read the 'depression' thread.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=622067

Mia is a 'he' and has stated over and over it's the dems fault.

GRIM, Sep 19, 2008 IP