1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John McCain on The View - Is he really ready to be president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Sep 12, 2008.

1. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obama basically said that he was going to bring taxes back to what they were back during the Clinton administration and give the MIDDLE CLASS A TAX CUT. He also said that he was going to end the DUMB WAR in Iraq and concentrate on going after the terrorists that were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Not conquering a bunch of small countries like Hitler did. The government is wasting so much money in Iraq that it could be putting into other things.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/06/obama_promotes.html

gregdavidson, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  2. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I agree Allen. Maybe if the Republicans had a better candidate I would vote Republican. I don't want some confused old man and some soccer mom that looks and talks like my 6th grade teacher running this country.

3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have watched Obama's ads are not lie filled, lies so blatantly obvious that they smack you in the head and would have to be an idiot not to see them.

McCains commercials lead on that all income taxes will be raised, taxes a crossed the board.
    On income tax he certainly has, he's also put the fear info taxes a crossed the board being raised as well.

huh, my point was against McCain's commercials. I never stated Obama would not raise or increase taxes.
    When it comes to income taxes, yes he did. I have not lied, if you are unsure of what my intent was you could simply ask.
    :rolleyes:
    Really, interesting.
    Of which he was.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/a_new_stitch_in_a_bad_pattern.html

Not at all, you don't see the difference from obvious lies smacking you right in the face to normal political campaign ads. They are totally different, are you so blind you can not see the difference?
    Did I ever say Obama never lied? I don't believe I did.

On a whole McCain's ads are by far and large more lie filled, to the point they hit you smack in the face. Of course both sides put spin on it, it's that way every year. There is a huge difference from some spin to flat out lies.

Read the factcheck.org's site would you?

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you a registered voter in the United States of America?

homebizseo, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would be for that, far more than what is out there at the moment, McCain however also has no plan to do as much.

Why do you think I do not support either.

How are we also going to pay for the huge deficit we currently have?...

Low taxes are great, but until we actually cut government spending, cut defensive spending in areas we do not need it it's just a pipe dream.

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  6. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    True

Just like you would do for your personnel income. Cut out waste and reduce the size of the government by 25 to 30%

You can not spend more money than you make. One day you will have to pay the piper.

7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh so with that logic I could charge up huge bills, so much that there is no way I can ever pay them back with my current job. I however can pay them back by taking a less paying job but simply scaling back on my current monthly expenses.

If only it were that easy or possible. Much of the debt carries interest from my reading, causing us to pay more the longer it takes to pay it off.

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    John Mccain on spain
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/18/bizarre-mccain-remarks-ap_n_127346.html

pizzaman, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    When I think of John McCain and Sarah Palin the first thing that comes to mind is "Uhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................................................What was that question again?".

10. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    McCain should carry Florida. By adding Palin he has passed Obama in the polls and is opening a lead.

Wait until you have to say Mr President McCain and Mrs Vice-President Palin

11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So when shit doesn't get better are people still going to blame it on those damn democrats? Or are they going to wake up that both sides suck!?

GRIM, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It's both sides Grim. We do not hold our officials accountable. I will give you one example an honest politician. The Governor of SC , Mark Sanford is an honest politician, which is far and few between. He is a conservative which opposes big government and tries not to vote for pork or along party lines. Each time he has been up for re-election both sides lie on him and says he opposes schools, healthcare, welfare, and the list goes on and on. The truth is he hates big Government and Pork. He is ridiculed and mocked by the Democrats and the Republicans instead of praised. He is more qualified to be President than anyone that is left in the running. He is what the United States need.
    [​IMG]

13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    You haven't been watching, Biz. As I reported yesterday, I think you've probably seen the end of the "Wow! She doesn't have 3 legs, green skin, and smokes seaweed for a living" Palin bump, and Obama has erased the lead enjoyed by McCain. Here's how RR sees it:

Additionally, with leaners, Obama has regained the electoral lead, 259-247.

My gut, only, not a bunch to back it up, but take it for what you will: Sarah Palin's appeal is ephemeral. The McCain camp almost rolled her out too early to depend on her "Wow" factor to carry him into November ( though it was as late as could possibly be, obviously, given he announced her at the 11th hour, just prior to the RNC). Time is not McCain's friend. I predict the economic crisis will continue to hurt McCain, and it will carry Obama into the White House.

northpointaiki, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  14. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be the stuff happening on the economic front as well. I think the more failure we see in financials between now and November, the better for Obama.

LogicFlux, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    northpointaiki

With all due respect, I am watching at the present and the latest update still is swinging towards McCain. I am leaving the office so it may change during my trip.

The wall-Street problems will put egg on obama, who is elbow deep in the mess in New York.

16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit confused, logic - what you're saying seems to be what I also said in the above post:

Are we saying something different, that I'm missing? (Not being flippant, I mean it sincerely - have I missed something in what you're writing here?).

17. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    That's fine, Biz, I'm just stating what I'm seeing. Rasmussen shows otherwise, RealClear Politics shows otherwise, Gallup, CBS, CNN, Reuters, others all show otherwise. Hell, Fox shows otherwise (Obama, 47%, McCain, 45.3%). What are you basing your conclusion on? Did you have a source?

18. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    It appears to be an agreement.

19. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, sorry. I didn't catch the last sentence. No we're saying the same thing, I guess I just repeated you.:eek:

LogicFlux, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  20. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Local TV news updates.

They may have old info. I am not disagreeing but I did say it may change.