1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joel Comm fraud or real ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, Nov 6, 2005.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Okay I take it- you did not place that text on your pages. okay fine.
    but you do post on your forum almost everyday. how come you never noticed that?
    I dont think it is tiny enough that you could have overlooked it.
    and it is one for quite a few days.

The Webmaster, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. drsuccess

drsuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    And it's Joel's right to keep it as a "secret" and perhaps release it, for example, in his book.

The Webmaster, you said, "you post on your forum almost every day (...) I don't think it is tiny enough that you could have overlooked it," don't you think that, since he posts on his forum everyday that it's easier to overlook?

drsuccess, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Umm First of all, who you think is a kid here?

If a suppose to be adsense Gugru, A well known Adsense E-book writer overlooks such huge TOS violation in his very own Adsense forum, then he certainly does not deserve to be in adsense. when you are in adsense you are suppose to read and understand TOS, and to check your site, its contents and even link twice, thrice to make sure everything is within the TOS. that is the rule of thumb.
    as I said earlier This makes those n00bs who come here and post "Adsense banned me last night/This morning" look like innocent kids.
    If someone like joel doesnt bother to take care of adsense TOS, and manages to escape from it, then sure the future of adsense is very bright.

4. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess that's that. I'm exposed. Bring on the tar and feathers!

Seriously folks. Business owners hire people to work for them and take care of the details. We live in an imperfect world and people make mistakes. I am not a detail person. I count on my team to do that for me.. that's why I hire them. My attention is focused on many sites and projects. If you think my AdSense forums, or even my AdSense ebook, are all I have going, you've made a terrible error in judgment.

Now, shall we continue straining at a gnat now that my evil plan for world domination has been exposed for all to see?

Joel

jcomm, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Not making comment over your Ebook, since I have not read it.
    As far as your forum is concern, the point I am trying to make is - You are a Adsense E-book writer, So I assume that you have a good knowledge of adsense and its TOS.
    Someone has taken care of your forum, no problem, but since you are an adsense expert, I suppose, you should know that its terrible "cheat/crime/fault" to ignore the TOS. That is the issue where kids get banned just because they dont give a damn to TOS.
    the text was on your site for a quite few days and you never noticed it untill I brought the issue in this forum. I'd call it ignorant.

Anyway I am glad that you realized the mistake and corrected it and no harm done.
    I also believe that it would make a good example for your ebook that even experts make mistake and will help your readers to understand how to follow TOS without making mistakes.
    You are right that when the issue is resolved there is no point bashing it.
    hence I wish you all the best and ofcource no heart feelings:) .

and errr how about using http://frogengine.com/blog/?feed=rss2 in your blog feed to help the wacko(Nintendo) become King over site point :D :D !!!!

6. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as we realize there is a difference between fragrantly violating TOS and innocently violating. I have received email from Google in the past regarding ads on one of my sites. They are usually very polite and ask to make changes. Let's admit it.. there is lots of grey area in TOS still. And perhaps many things that Google overlooks. I know of many sites who have written to Google and asked about images over ads. Google replies that they want borders around those ads. Yet, I don't see anything in the latest TOS that says this. Why not?

I think Google deliberately leaves alot open to interpretation and is willing to turn their head unless asked specifically. Is the text I had on my site a violation? To be honest, it may be a grey area. But I have emailed Google to find out just for kicks. I'll let you know what they say.

And you are correct. Perhaps this would make a good case study for the third edition, due out next Spring. :)

Joel

jcomm, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  7. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    That phrase was, most probably, not according to program policies, I think. Well, glad to see you quickly corrected it, Joel.

Juan G, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  8. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt this is jcomm.

IamNed, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  9. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    What evidence do you give for this amazing deduction of yours, Holmes?

relixx, Nov 11, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  10. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yeah, DHL for me too. I wasn't at home when the last one arrived, and the rotter got the number wrong on the "we missed you" card. So when i rang up to make alternative arrangements (was after hours), turned out the only way I could sort it out was to tell them where it had shipped from. Like I knew.. (I think it's Ireland or somewhere like that - I'll look next time :)).. anyway they wound up calling me the next day and I made arrangements.

Never has it come via anything but DHL.

I'll stop at that. I couldn't be bothered reading the entire thread..

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  11. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    In this case, the Joel Comm who writes in the Joel Comm's forum -and who has mentioned his intervention in this thread- is also a joe job, according to that theory. :rolleyes:

If you read it, you will find links to verify that the sequence has been FedEx, then UPS (at the time of that old photo), and finally DHL this year.

Juan G, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  12. earncef

earncef Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think he is a fraud but I think he doesnot reveal all his secrets. I havent seen anyone giving a testimonial that they too earned $25000 a month by reading his book

earncef, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  13. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    And what is the reason behind your thoughts, Mr. "Know-it-all" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Webmaster, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  14. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't read the book but I did check out a bunch of his sites when he first released it. At the time some of the tips were still pretty new to most people and only a relatively few of us were using them. Most of them are now pretty common knowledge. I can't say for sure since I haven't read it but I would guess that it isn't a "fraud", just not ground breaking.

Here is the main problem with the book: In order to get the results from these kind of tips you need to have a site that is established and high traffic. Most sites that fall into that category have been around for years. The Webmasters running them have as much experience (or close) as Joel, have experimented and stay up on the latest tips, etc. It's true that the newbie with their first site can pick up some good tips. The problem is they can't take advantage of them and get the results simply because they need to work on promoting their site and getting established. Unfortunately no book will make you more experienced and push your site ahead in time.

So I say go work on your skills and your site(s). When they are getting tons of traffic you will quickly figure out how to monetize it.

MattL, Nov 11, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  15. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe this thread is still going...

techlh, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    ohh really?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I can't wait.. So much is known about Chitika at this point.. I can just imagine all the secrets you can pack into a book. I imagine it will be nice and pricey too...

I don't think anyone could write a worthwhile book on chitika at this point... But I do like you striking while the iron is hot.. Content be damned!

:eek:

If you actually think you can write a worthwhile "book" on chitika at this time and provide an extensive amount of useful content and tips that is worth the price tag you are likely to put on it.. Then I have to really question your judgement.

To me all you would be doing is taking advantage of naive and/or ignorant people. If that is how you choose to make your way in the world, so be it... Doesn't mean everyone has to give you an attaboy for doing it.

aeiouy, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  18. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Excellent point.
    But isnt it the same thing which every ebook writer tries to do??

19. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would generally say yes... but there are some writers who I believe do not attempt to do that, at least not as a primary motivation... So I am hesitant to use that broad brush.

I think there is little difference of most e-book authors and any other get-rich-quick scheme peddler.. They are cut from the same cloth. Often times selling information that could fit into two sentences for $100.00, and that they likely lifted from other people.

aeiouy, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    ohh I am sorry..My mistake.:eek:
    by every ebook writer I meant every "Get-rich-quick" ebook writer :eek:
    I am not taking on the whole authors community.
    (wanted to make it clear before Eric comes and jumps over my throat :D )