1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joel Comm fraud or real ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, Nov 6, 2005.

1. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    In my view its a Fraud!

amitpatel_3001, Nov 6, 2005 IP
  2. zombie123

zombie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think so ... Fraud dosent last so long i think..
    He sold himself pretty well i guess..... Poeple out there may be earning more than him i have seen some of his sites they are neat latest was some site on honululu( i hope the spelling is correct) i guess...

zombie123, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  3. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    He is not a fraud. Fraudsters generlly have fly by night opperations and tend to keep a low profile. Fraudsters also tend to disclose few personal details. He is just a very successful internet entrepreneur who is somehow able to make a $h17 load of money with adsense. Also the pick of him holding the check is very old I know. Im sure adsense had different policies as to shipping when the photo was taken. Take it of leave it. Don't a be a poor sport sohemioney.

IamNed, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a member on his Adsense Chat site and these are reviews from people that aren't earning a dime from me buying his book. Even on this thread people are saying his book is worth while, so while I don't doubt there are people out there over glorifying his ebook there are many that stand to gain nothing that stand by it - and if the members of Adsense Chat are anything to go by most people triple their income within a month and begin to truly make money out of Adsense, so he has some loyal followers.

This post pretty much put the issue to bed - Joel is NOT a fraud and anyone that has looked at his blog or seen his sites or what seems to be becoming somewhat of a cult following can obviously see that he is basically who he claims to be.

Burta, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  5. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Critics and naysayers are nothing new. They tend to come out of the woodwork every time someone else has a success story. I'm used to it already and don't take it personally. Rather, I see the bitterness and envy for what they are.

My story is completely true down to the last detail. I've been creating web sites for 10 years, probably long before some of my critics could pronounce "dubya dubya dubya". I created a site called ClassicGames.com with my partner and sold it to Yahoo! in 1997 (visit games.yahoo.com). When i started with AdSense in June 2003, I didn't make squat. And then I figured out how to do it correctly long before most. And honestly, those who have figured it out without my material have likely heard about it from someone who DID have my material. My teachings have transformed the business model of thousands of site owners and have made them untold fortunes.

For those who don't know the history of AdSense payment delivery...

Initially, it WAS the Fedex club. Then, Google started using UPS instead. Next, they moved to DHL. Even though the preferred method is now direct deposit, it is still more fun to call it the Fedex Club. Those of you in the club know what I mean.

As for my association with "known spammer", Rick Butts. Rick called me and wanted to interview me to tell others about my product. I didn't know what he did at the time and we had a fantastic teleseminar. People learned alot and they continue to enjoy the course on audio CD. And it just so happens that Rick is a great guy and smart marketer, regardless of what you think of his software.

I am writing this from a Los Angeles hotel room where I have just attended Armand Morin's Big Seminar. After spending a weekend with incredibly successful people, I understand more clearly the mindset of those who don't know how to be successful. The characteristics are clearly evident on this thread. And they will resurface again and again in many other forums and mediums. There is nothing new under the sun.

Thanks to those of you who have defended me against slanderous comments. You are the true winners in my book and are welcome at my site any time.

Joel Comm
    Author
    "What Google Never Told You About Making Money with AdSense"

An excellent point, friend. Only I pay 40% commissions. Smart affiliates have spotted the demand in the marketplace and have earned fantastic commission payments telling others about my ebooks and other product.

Learn more at http://www.adsense-secrets.com/affiliates.html

Joel

jcomm, Nov 7, 2005 IP
    blackbug, iskandar and jill_domains like this.
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Classic. Ha-ha.

Pete

GADOOD, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    pffft:rolleyes:

That's the biggest line of self serving crap I've read on this forum in ages.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know the planet you are from, but on earth there are plenty of examples of high-profile long-term frauds who flaunted their identity.

Regardless of your proclaimed success, this post is evidence of you being a tool.

aeiouy, Nov 7, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob and JakeJeck like this.
  9. mream

mream Guest

Best Answers:
    Sheesh. Lay off the dude.

Maybe you should spend more time working on your own business instead of blasting a guy for defending himself against unwarranted personal attacks!

Heck, maybe I should do that, too.

Out!

mream, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  10. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    But How anyone Prove that it will bring sucess?

amitpatel_3001, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  11. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    You know whats really cool... you can make a post on dp and the main guy will come to defend himself... its like you can host your own talkshow on dp (talk amongst yourselves)

digitalpoint is the win

I think someday when I am broke I will write a book and publish my adsense numbers.

Shoemoney, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Where's your appology to the guy anyway, Shoemoney?

Aye I thought as much.

Your AdSense status anxieties crack me up.

Pete

GADOOD, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't see a need for anyone to apologize.

Blogmaster, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Regardless of how Joel came across in his post, Shoemoney deliberately went as close as law allows him to brand Joel a fraud. That was the claim and insinuation, and it deserves an appology.

Pete

GADOOD, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  15. Des

Des Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact the writer of the ebook shows up and defends his methods and actions :)

Des, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  16. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems there was just some misunderstanding about that old photo and the ups/dhl thing. That's all, nothing intentional.

Let's shake hands and forget. Shoe and Joel -and others around here- are busy people indeed. ;)

Juan G, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  17. harris2004

harris2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read the eBook and its same as other adsense books on the market, same theory, unrealistic ideas and a list of million keywords to target...its not spam for new webmasters who are new to adsense but if you know adsense and have been with it for 3 months, then this is not for you..you might know more then what this guy is saying.

harris2004, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  18. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That always happens here. Apparently besides "teaching people how to make millions" e-book authors are experts at googling their own names. So threads about them on Digital Point tend to show up high on the list, and the pounce in to show us all how stupid we are.

It is either an amazingly ineffective strategy or an incredibly genius one. Maybe Costas Dedes will come back and tell us.

aeiouy, Nov 7, 2005 IP
  19. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow I can't believe you guys are still serving it to him. He has given you a perfectly valid explaination, I would have thought that the bare minimum would have been people would have got off his back. There is definately some "cut the tall poppy down" syndrome infecting a few minds here.

As for why he came over to DP was because there is actually a thread on his forums talking about this thread here - and I mean it makes sense for him to clarify the issue when slanderous rumour like this emerge. Yet it is crazy to me that him posting about who he is really is is received with responses like "well that proved your a tool" or to the liking. He is just claiming who is legitimately is, he is right to say that if you have a problem with him, it is nothing more than your problem because he gets on with business whilst you sit there and ridicule him for doing so then question if he is legitimate when his efforts are rewarded. I think a lot of us stand to learn from the guy and those that choose to dismiss him stand to potentially lose a great influence, and that is not to say that all you can learn off him is in his ebook.

Burta, Nov 7, 2005 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Still doesn't explain why his own post made him sound like a tool.

aeiouy, Nov 7, 2005 IP