1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Job Interview

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nigel Carrigan, Apr 30, 2015.

Hi, I have a job interview for a Regional Marketing Executive role, it involves me ensuring marketing is done correctly for Care Homes in the region. I have been asked to come up with what support I would give to a care home if they were under-occupied, I have my own ideas already but I was hoping to get some advice from people to see if there are any other angles I haven't looked at

Thanks in advance

Nigel Carrigan, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need to generate leads if you need more new customers. There are 11 ways to generate leads, for the most part:

Customer Referrals
    Third Party Referrals
    Public Relations
    Direct Mail
    Telemarketing
    Search Engine Optimization
    Search Engine Marketing
    Personal Introductory Calls (PIC's)
    Social Media & Networking
    Advertising (online and offline)
    Trade Show/Conference Marketing

Indicate to your future employer that you will test as many of these methods as budgets and time allow and will focus in on the ones that produce best.

jrbiz, Apr 30, 2015 IP
  4. Nigel Carrigan

Nigel Carrigan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your responses they were extremely helpful. I now need some further help

I will create a scenario please could I ask for some advice.

I have a 90 bedded care home and it only has 60 beds filled, we have done some analysis and can see that the reason is either one of these:

There is a smell of urine throughout the house
    or
    Our charge rate is £100 per week more than anyone else in the area.

We have sorted out the smell of urine, so now what as a marketing executive could I do to assist with getting the message out that we have solved this problem, what specific marketing steps could I do.

We have sorted out the weekly cost and brought it down to the same rate as our comptetitors, so now what as a marketing executive could I do to assist with getting the message out that we have solved this problem, what specific marketing steps could I do. Taking into account that advertising the cost on advertising and social media is not something we would do.

Any and all help is appreciated

Nigel Carrigan, May 2, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One option would be to have a "Grand Re-Opening" launch and marketing campaign. I would not address the specific urine-smell issue, but you could tell potential prospects that they need to come and check out the new and enhanced living arrangements while they also learn about the new, more economical pricing. I would suggest a combination advertising (local radio spots are pretty cost effective) and PR (with local media, of course.)

One comment, however: if you have not done at least a brief survey of past prospects who did not decide on your facility, you could be missing other issues besides the urine smell and the cost. If you do a "Grand Re-Opening", you want to be absolutely sure that you have ameliorated all major negative issues because you will likely not get a second chance with the current market.

jrbiz, May 2, 2015 IP