1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JavaScript Snowfall

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by scu8a, Dec 14, 2019.

1. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, now I am getting the same error messages.

mmerlinn, Dec 21, 2019 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  2. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you're right - you may actually be on to something there. Sauerkraut is fermented by various strains of bacteria which produce lactic acid. Whether the lactic acid has any significant role in supplying the brain with chemicals it needs to function at an optimal performance level has not been established. It's likely that he the bacteria is producing micro-nutrients within the digestive system that are absorbed into the brain where they are combined to produce a neurotransmitting chemical. The science has been established now for a while, and simply put, certain fermented foods aid in the body's ability to produce much needed chemicals that your brain uses to function. Based on my limited formal training in medicine and biology, I understand the addition of "bioactive" B vitamins (B12 is especially important, but needs to be in the form of methylcobalamin. It's known to increase your RBC which means more oxygen transport to the brain) will provide a solid base on which to maintain a healthy state of mental, and more specifically, cognitive function. Most of us in the modern world are deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D also plays a vital role in brain function. Case studies also confirm that taking a fish oil supplement will increase brain performance and mental well-being. However, with the universally high levels of mercury contamination in fish, you may theoretically be able to combine the amino acid tryptophan in combination with flaxseed oil to achieve the same results. The simplest thing of all, is that only moderate aerobic exercise is scientifically proven to increase rates of neurogenesis. Cognitive performance is also greatly affect by your sleep habits. Don't eat anything after 6:00 pm, and the reason it's important to go to bed early is that for every hour of sleep you have before midnight, it's the equivalent to two hours of quality sleep after midnight. You can consider me boring for going to sleep early, but another benefit to doing so is that your body will naturally produce greater levels of human growth hormone. Human growth hormone is essential for neurogenesis, obviously. I'm not saying you can increase your intelligence so much that I am saying that you can reach your full potential of what your intelligence can be. We don't choose our individual level of intelligence, and IQ cannot be increased. Yet, we can choose to maintain, and optimize what resources we already have at our discretion. If you have ever studied the subject of nootropics, you already know how powerful this information is. If I remember correctly, arsenic doesn't contribute to one's good health. I would avoid taking mercury, lead, arsenic, nicotine, as well as radioactive supplements altogether. Avoid drinking bleach if at all possible, too. Some people mistakenly believe that nicotine can cause certain areas of the brain to produce more of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine which plays an important role in short-term memory function. There is no concrete evidence to suggest that this assertion is true. Also, if you drink coffee, drink it in conjunction with the amino acid theanine. When consumed together, the caffeine and theanine improve mental performance by synergizing the effects of each other resulting in the stimulation of caffeine to improve performance, but with the calming effect that allows you to achieve the optimal state-of-mind. It's also essential to drink as much beer as humanly possible on a daily basis. While it may not improve your brain's function, your state of intoxication will render you with a sense of confidence in your mental capacity causing you to feel like you know everything. Alcohol inhibits performance of the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for high-level decision making and impulse control. With the prefrontal cortex impaired, the primitive limbic system takes charge of executive function to a much larger degree. Aren't you glad I have nothing better to do?

scu8a, Dec 21, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, thanks @Saputnik, I didn't even know that, ha ha! It's not the snow script. It's more likely that my credit card expired and I'm late paying the bills to operate several servers. I should probably get around to doing something about that.

scu8a, Dec 21, 2019 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow!... I'm impressed and I don't impress easy. Prior to your post #43 I had assumed that @deathshadow was the smartest member here. But I do believe that you could give him a run for his money.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 21, 2019 IP
    scu8a likes this.
  5. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well hey, thanks @Spoiltdiva, I think you for the compliment. :) To be honest, I haven't yet really grasped the concept of intelligence well enough to truly understand it, but yes, I feel as though @deathshadow is quite intelligent. As to whether intelligence can be adequately compared between individuals, that's a hard call. Having studied psychology and artificial intelligence, the two concepts are so complex that I've come to realize that intelligence may not be what we previously thought it was. Perhaps in some cases it could be a mental disorder where one is pathologically curious. It's something to ponder over, isn't it.

scu8a, Dec 21, 2019 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes spend all that time tweaking your code to how @deathshadow would write it so that it will display the exact same. Sounds like a great use of your time.

NetStar, Dec 29, 2019 IP
  7. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed it. So yes, it was a great use of time.

The funny thing is, I never intended for it to be posted in a Javascript forum. I originally posted to another forum for people who would like to include snowfall on their pages. Had I known it was going to be critiqued for the code, I would have certainly paid attention to such details. I'm working on a fire algorithm right now as I find it interesting to see how people love to stare at fire. I understand what drives that behavior, but to analyze it for what it is, you can better grasp how human behavior can be understood. The more you understand human behavior, the better you will be in creating quality user interface design. It's abstract, but valuable knowledge.

scu8a, Jan 9, 2020 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Given that it's an animation where slow code can (and does) limit the number of flakes and the frame rate, optimization is a must-have since it will NOT display "exactly the same" if it overflows the timeout, or has half the frame rate (since RAF usually provides 60+), or has no throttling mechanism to improve smoothness... Just removing some of the "functions for nothing" could give a 30-40% speed boost given he was calling these various functions 500+ times per FRAME.

But like everything else you've commented on of late, I can only assume you don't know enough about the topic to be flapping your yap about it.

deathshadow, Jan 9, 2020 IP