1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Javascript or dynamically generated Breadcrumbs and microdata markup for rich snippets

Discussion in 'Microdata' started by pfeinstein, Feb 23, 2013.

Im grappling with the following issue. I'm working on a website with about 700 pages, and use dynamically generated breadcrumbs. I now want to mark-up the breakcrumbs with Microdata. This is in the context of rich snippets for Google.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Mircodata markup format for dynamically (javascript)generated breadcrumbs.

I use this in the header:

<script language="JavaScript">function breadcrumbs(){sURL=new String;bits=new Object;var x=0;var stop=0;var output="<div class=topnav><strong>&nbsp;You are here: </strong><A HREF=/>Home</A> &raquo; ";sURL=location.href;sURL=sURL.slice(8,sURL.length);chunkStart=sURL.indexOf("/");sURL=sURL.slice(chunkStart+1,sURL.length)
    while(!stop){chunkStart=sURL.indexOf("/");if(chunkStart!=-1){bits[x]=sURL.slice(0,chunkStart)
    sURL=sURL.slice(chunkStart+1,sURL.length);}else{stop=1;}
    x++;}
    for(var i in bits){output+="<A HREF=\"";for(y=1;y<x-i;y++){output+="../";}
    output+=bits+"/\">"+clean(bits)+"</A> &raquo; ";}
    document.write(output+document.title);document.write("</div>");}
    replaceList={'-':' ','2':'2','0':'0'};function clean(arg){out=arg;for(var n in replaceList){while(out.indexOf(n)!=-1){after=out.substring(0,out.indexOf(n))+replaceList[n]+out.substring(out.indexOf(n)+1,out.length);out=after;}}
    return out;}</script>

And then this in the body:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE='text/javascript'>breadcrumbs()</SCRIPT>

Can i mark this up in Mircodata format for rich snippets?

pfeinstein, Feb 23, 2013 IP