1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Javascript in progress...

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Florin Pop, May 7, 2013.

Which is the best way to start learning Javascript? I know HTML and CSS...

Thank you!

Solved! View solution.
    Florin Pop, May 7, 2013 IP
  2. Nosliw

Nosliw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try www.w3schools.com although I'm sure there are better sites. Also you might want to look into some xml and DOM - it's all on the site I linked.

Nosliw, May 7, 2013 IP
  3. homemadejam

homemadejam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I find the best way to learn something new like this is to watch Youtube videos. Not only can you follow along, but if you are struggling you can read the comments section. There's a number of really good Youtube users who have posted some fantastic tutorials on learning Javascript.

homemadejam, May 8, 2013 IP
  4. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    creativewebmaster, May 8, 2013 IP
  5. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    best for me is practice, want to set yourself a challenge, find a site you like and try to duplicate it, you have unlimited challenges that way

cadsii, May 8, 2013 IP
  6. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    W3schools.com is the best website to learn about JavaScript. You can also find other websites and eBooks which provide you tutorials on JavaScript. Personally I start learning from W3schools and by watching videos on YouTube and after that I design and code pages. YouTube videos help me a lot. Through videos you can easily understand how and where to implement the code on your application.

Alan Smith, May 9, 2013 IP
    Hi Florin,

I recommend trying codeacademy dot com. Great for learning the basics of javascript, jquery, html, css and a number of other languages too. In my personal opinion, w3schools is not the best place to learn though other may find otherwise. In many development communities they are not fans of w3schools, and you can see evidence of that in gisthub or stackoverflow - both of those are great communities once you get started.

I think the best way to learn is honestly by using it. Start a project with it immediately and you'll be surprised what you can learn just by searching. IE 'how do I do this in javascript?' Codeacademy will help you with some basic understanding of client-side coding, syntax and the DOM (document object model) which will make the rest of your learning much easier.

Cheers,

Kris

Krisism, May 9, 2013 IP
    Isuru likes this.