1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jan Payment Not Received

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by udaysalunkhe, Mar 1, 2006.

Hi

I'm new to CJ, joined in Dec 05. I get 442 in commission in Jan and Locked all at Feb 10, I wait up to Feb 28 but when I see Today, CJ carried all this amount in beginning balance of March.

Anyone know what is the CJ expected?

udaysalunkhe, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe you have to wait 90 days from your signup before you start getting your payments.

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  3. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow they don't pay you for THREE MONTHS ? Ouch. I'm surprised they can get away with that.

nextgen66, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  4. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    I never had to wait 90 days, all though I joined a long time (years) ago.
    I always have to wait at least 30 days from the time of the sale for the commission to move into my payment amount. So everything I make in the previous month (up to the 19th) is credited to me on the 20th of the current month, like clockwork..
    I only represent hosting companies so it might be different for other advertisers, but I really don't see why it would be. A 30 - 50 day hold seems pretty reasonable to me, and seems to be industry standard for affiliate programs.

iBold, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's only the first payment... once you are past the 90 days, you get paid for the first 3 months right away, then it's monthly going forward.

It may have been changed, but that's how it was last year I know.

digitalpoint, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  6. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    I never knew that. Guess my first three months weren't that big, I'll have to go take a look..either that or its a relatively new rule. I guess it makes sense, CJ has to check out new publishers and such.

iBold, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  7. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How does it make sense ? You've earned that money. What is there to check out ? If its true, then CJ is making interest on your money for three months.
    Imagine in any other business relationship, being told that your payment will
    be held back for 3 months while the party who owes you that money sits on it for the heck of it and collects interest. I recently signed up with CJ and
    didn't see anything about a 90 day hold, so who knows...

nextgen66, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  8. udaysalunkhe

udaysalunkhe Peon

Best Answers:
    Today I get response from CJ:

"Why did you not respond to our email quoted below? The traffic has not changed."

CJ has sent me an email - Jan 29 - Warning about inflanted traffic - your account is under payout review for next payout cycle (approx 30 days). If you are found to remain non compliant during the next payout review cycle, your account will be deactivated.

-----------------------

Is response to above email is neccesary?
    Can CJ issue payment in this month?

udaysalunkhe, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  9. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is something wrong with the way that you are dealing with your advertises.

Or you are using your own advertiser links to buy or fill form to simulate leads or you are cross using another CJ account to do this.

is this the case? What are you doing wrong? The point is CJ want probably want your feedback before they decide what to do with your account.

Micromag, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  10. udaysalunkhe

udaysalunkhe Peon

Best Answers:
    My account is under review for last month (Feb 06), CJ can't find any wrong transactions. Reason for review of my account is Increase in Jan Traffic and Conversions.

udaysalunkhe, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  11. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, Inflated Traffic do not means that your traffic just increased - this is pretty normal. Your account is not just under review, you have been warned about inflated traffic.

Inflated Traffic means that they cached you doing something wrong (simulating leads of yours or others account).

I understand that they want your feedback regarding this matter.

Micromag, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  12. udaysalunkhe

udaysalunkhe Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know they must need a reply or feedback to Inflated Traffic Warning.

When I ask for my payment at Mar 01, they reffered to this email and remembered me 30 days review period. The review is only upto Feb 28th. So I think that feedback regarding this email is not neccessary because they already reviewed my account.

udaysalunkhe, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  13. loverundercover

loverundercover Peon

Best Answers:
    my payments have never been delayed. my brother opened a new account and got paid the next month. They do hold payments if they find abnormal activities.

loverundercover, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  14. Gifted

Gifted Peon

Best Answers:
    If CJ network send you a "Inflating traffic" email. You must get back to them fast and get a approval from the "inflated" advertiser. You must explain to the advertiser and the advertiser will get back to CJ.
    If you did not reply or the advertiser disapprove it, your CJ account will be banned foreever.

If you google enough for the keywords "inflating traffic and CJ", you will read about it in some forums about some people getting banned immediately for life because of this. :cool:

Gifted, Mar 7, 2006 IP
  15. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recive check from CJ with no problem.
    You must e-mail CJ for that traffic or they will ban you

sunchy, Mar 7, 2006 IP