1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jagger - The third wave

Discussion in 'Google' started by yfs1, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    That's what is making G a whole load of crap now

People need to go and get expired domains to get listed !!!

This latest round of "dancing" is just the same

A whole bunch of juvenile google techies who have no experience in the "real world", who think they can out think the whole world by putting in place some sort of filter that will "catch" spammy sites

So far it has caught me and I have a fair idea what it is ..... one of my sites is so, so genuine and different, that it is hard to understand that with unique, absolutely unique, Keywords that it cannot even rate, fullstop, for those KWs - nobody else in the whole world can unless they copy and use the exact terms...time will tell, but it just means, if I am right, a whole page shuffle !!!

Good grief when will the G juveniles grow up and stop trying to masquerade under some "new technology"

Foxy, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  2. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right Foxy...
    doesnt make any sense does it. Thats why I think this has nothing to do with filters, backlinks, content etc... I look at SERPs for various keywords I follow and the relevency isnt there. I go along with some others here who have posted that this is a case of missing data. As soon as Google does whatever it does to re-insert this data, there should be a re-indexing which may be much more pleasing to all concerned...

michael_angeloh, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  3. samm27

samm27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone think that perhaps on shared servers mught be penalized more than ones on their own servers?

samm27, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  4. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    That is indeed true. But the reverse seems to be the case here where people get accustomed to the Google traffic and then find it can dry up very quickly. The old lesson is still valid, I guess. Diversify. And not just among search engines. There are various other good ways of attracting traffic.

Merkersarl, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. And it's not likely to happen. Not in any general way, anyway.

minstrel, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  6. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's long been discussed.

Some say that google accords less weight to websites from the same IP, or same Class C IP.

I do not believe this.

And as for google paying attention to websites with dedicated IP's ... This is like never going to happen :). INMHO.

Cristian Mezei, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  7. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Minstrel that it's not going to happen and for a specific reason:
    Big hosts run 10's or 100's of thousands of sites on a single shared server. In this instance, a shared server isn't a single specific machine but rather a specific cluster. This is very common practice, and it's a practice that's used by both big providers and large enterprises. It's a very sensible way of scaling webservers and so would never be penalised in the way you're thinking.

jlawrence, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never happen. Every yahoo store is on the same IP address. 1 in 8 ecomm sites are on yahoo (according to them), so you would have to penalize thousands of websites for no good reason at all.

lorien1973, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  9. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    You make some good points.

The things that are going on in Google are unacceptable in today's world. Does MSN need a month to perform updates? Google is just raping people with Adwords, juggling them around so everyone signs up at one point or another. It's really sick.

And if you're someone who thinks I'm just making conspiracy theories, you really got to take a step back. Google has an amazing corporate image.. they can get away with many, many things. If Microsoft acted the same way as Google, you'd have lawsuits flying around like rain falling out of the sky because Microsoft image is toted as 'the dark side'.

BTW, did you hear? Google stock up 7% after Jagger.

Hexed

hexed, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  10. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you're right. Google is just doing this to get you... :rolleyes:

Why yes... yes, I do think that...

Um... hello? Earth to hexed? Microsoft DOES have lawsuits flying around like rain... haven't you bee paying attention?

minstrel, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  11. hexed

hexed Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't have to be so offensive in your posts when you disagree with someone.

Anyhow, I won't try to argue with you because you know you are obviously correct.

Hexed

PS - The Senators stink ;)

hexed, Oct 23, 2005 IP
    TheHoff likes this.
  12. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    His point is that Google don't have even 1% of the lawsuits that Microsoft would have in a similar situation.
    Google does have a pretty clean corporate image, whether it uses that for it's own advantage I don't know. To be honest I'd be suprised if they didn't.
    Whether they are in this case may or may not ever be known.

jlawrence, Oct 23, 2005 IP