1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jagger 3 - happening now on some DC's?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dkalweit, Oct 31, 2005.

1. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You must be talking about the J4 update. lol :D

larysmith711, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    Feizar likes this.
  2. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

If more people watched anime the world would be a better place. :D

Dreamshop, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  3. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I am seeing 4 different sets of results... 66.102.7.104 seems most in line with jagger2 to me.

66.102.11.99, 66.102.9.99, 66.102.11.104, 66.102.9.104 are looking excellent, ranking me where I would expect, and setting down a few spots several sites that have nothing to do with the phrases I target. (They just happen to be linked from sites mentioning the keywords.) 216.239.59.99, 216.239.39.99 I saw earlier today, they have me at pre-jagger levels, but with some post-jagger1 sites outranking me.

Any of those six, especially the first 4, I would be happy with.

NetMidWest, Nov 3, 2005 IP
    Feizar likes this.
  4. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    I am seeing some amazing results for me on:

If those roll out to all DC's I'm a happy camper

blinxdk, Nov 3, 2005 IP
  5. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Down 5 spots in 3 hours.
    Hmmm... I am seeing different results via McDar's dance tool and directly searching on 216.239.37.147 and others that show these results. I wonder if the akadns is serving something different...

My allintitle: searches seem to be heading up by a few spots.

NetMidWest, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  6. Aok

Aok Peon

Best Answers:
    McDar,

Can you explain to us the significance of Allins matching, or not coming close to matching, actual rankings?

Aok, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  7. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    In a word - NO...

BUT

I have recorded data, for my one experiment page, every day since April 8th 2004.

There is only one other timeframe, in all of that time, that Allinanchor rankings were "off the map" - That was during the Google February/March Event!

You can scroll down the results in my Complete Report

NOTE: That even when the the page's position went off the charts in August 2004 (due to what turned out to be a cache problem) the Allinanchor ranking stayed intact.

I am simply stating that, in my humble opinion, a Google Update to their Algo is may effect your position. It may even effect your allinanchor. BUT to send ALL of the "Allins" (allintitle: allintext: allinurl: ) tanking, indicates a problematic change rather than a programatic change (read error not intent).

The theory of "problematic change" is certainly supported by yesterdays (Nov 3rd) data...

[​IMG]

mcdar, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  8. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is what the Allin results looked like during the Google February/March Event...

[​IMG]

Caryl

mcdar, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  9. Aok

Aok Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Caryl,

All very helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time to explain it. I now understand why you're doing what you're doing.

So it would make sense then that all your "allins" should match pretty well with your rankings in a perfect Google world, which actually is the case most of the time, except updates, right?

So if I check my allins, and those seem to be doing really good, but my rankings are poor, then would you consider allins a good litmus test for what to expect when an update is over? (I am speaking of generalities here, not specifics, I know I know no one knows anything about Jagger's specifics right now, still in flux...)

And again, thanks Caryl

Aok, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  10. suzigeek

suzigeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed all of my sites getting pounded by the G bot yesterday into early morn today...

Its very rare (if ever at all) that all my sites get a deep crawl at the same time.
    I'm wondering if this fits into Caryl's theory? Somehow data got screwed and they are reindexing??

suzigeek, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  11. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer your question in an word - NO!

One very good example would be what the results look like for "Sandboxed" sites.

"Sandboxed" sites often times have GREAT Allin placement - BUT - have very poor placement in the actual results.

If a site was "Sandboxed" prior to this Google "fiasco" then nothing says they won't be so once Google settles down.

I have maintained since the beginning that most sites, if folks have left them unchanged, will return to fairly normal (read previous) positions, once Google has resolved it's issues.

Caryl

mcdar, Nov 4, 2005 IP