1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jagger 2 Update Info - October 26, 2005

Discussion in 'Google' started by john_robot, Oct 26, 2005.

1. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen any difference either. Whatever rolled out yesterday didn't do much. Unless Jagger3 really pumps up the changes, I'll be scratching my head a while longer here.

I thought I saw something good on a few keywords using mcdar's tool, but looking again today, its all back to jagger1 levels.

lorien1973, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  2. nedguy

nedguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing there to make me happy either - just the same as jagger1

nedguy, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    flyguy,

I am still showing "new" results consistantly on ...

I see them intermittently on...

64.233.167.*
    216.239.37.*

BUT the Allins are all still stuck in the 800s on ALL Datacenters. :confused:

Caryl

mcdar, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  4. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I think that is what is killing me. Either its now a non-functioning command (like link: now) or data is still waiting to be added.

5. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Its things like this that make me shake my head at google.

Google: flip flop stepping stone

Result #1 - Wonderful. Just wonderful.

I go through a lot of my keywords and I see stuff like that all the time. :eek:

6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Report it. That's what Matt Cutts is asking people to do.

Want to make it better? Report it. All of it.

minstrel, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I have been LOL. I've sent tons of em in lately. The "quality" only seems to improve. I reported a search where the top 1,2,3 and 7 were the same site (different domain, but exact same content). Now, its the top 1,2,3 and 4 thats the same site.

8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There you go... at least they're listening! :D

minstrel, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  9. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean 1fast-bulk-beyond-muscle-nutrition? I've reported them AGAIN with jagger2 in the box... check the hidden links in their footers :rolleyes:

TheHoff, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  10. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    No my search was tree faces.

Google did act on removing 3 affiliate links I reported yesterday. Unfortunately those 3 being removed did not help my ranking, 3 other "quality" sites just took their place.

I am 100% sure the supplement stuff is full of spammers just by glancing at the keywords "bodybuilding supplements" - its crazy spam. I haven't touched that site of mine really yet. Its my project next year - it gets 2-3 sales/day right now and thats adequate for now.

I think my definition of junk is different than google's, though. I don't think that nextag, shopping.com, dealtime.com, bizrate etc should be listed in the index (they are essentially paid for scrape sites). I also don't think ebay nor yahoo auctions should be listed in google searches.

11. diamondsinfo

diamondsinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting...it reminds me of the frustration I face every time I search for some type of car parts - every single site I visit has the exact same inventory displayed in the exact same way on dozens of domains. They are all owned by different people of course, but it would seem to be that this would be a very easy duplicate content penalty to impose.

diamondsinfo, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  12. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually defining junk is the tough part. Would you consider my supp site a scraper? It is built for affiliate sales. Basically a niche PriceGrabber just for supplements. Does it deserve to rank? Why or why not? Why is joe blow's Yahoo Supplement storefront any more relevant than mine that collates lots of prices from different stores?

I certainly agree about eBay and CList and junk like that. By the time Google lists it, it is long since expired.

ps. setup an affiliate program and a datafeed and I'll get you a few more sales, no hassle :)

TheHoff, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I take a huge difference between a site that reviews product information and reports on it and lists places to buy it and a site that just throws up a bunch of similar type products and lets you sort by price. They aren't actually adding anything to it, just making a ton of pages.

http://www.shopping.com/xDN-Wine--wn_vintage_2005~V-grid

Nothing is being added to the world here. Its just a list of products. If google wants these products in its index, find the site that actually sells them; not the comparison engine that aggregates them.

TheHoff likes this.
  14. quarryshark

quarryshark Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been reporting this kind of crap (daily) for months. Never seems to do anything but move these sites up in the serps.
    Maybe our report emails are giving these SOB's more back links somehow.:D

That would be my competition. Most are the same company, just very good at hiding that fact. They have tons of backlinks because of their crosslinking between the sites and the sheer number of pages in each site.
    No they are not easy to get into the penelty box, believe me I have tried.
    With all the sites they dump out there, my theory is that they won't be happty until they own the first 100 pages of the serps.
    Go here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=nissan+hubcaps for example. I am #1 and they are 2,3,4,5,6 and 7

quarryshark, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  15. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, many years ago I was an air traffic controller in Alaska. I was handing off to the Vancouver controllers a military flight, whose call sign was "Imlach 42." The Vancouver controller replied, "...as in 'Punch' ?"

I think I was the rare American able to recognize his subtle reference to the Maple Leafs' coach.

Go Rangers!

Jim4767, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  16. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can keep that Jagr bum too. Go Pens! (atleast get a win for god's sake)

anyway to get back on the subject... i havent seen anything with this Jagger update with any of my sites, except maybe a little more traffic to my Pgh directory site. But nothing out of the ordinary though.

of course it is a new(er) site so they are probably not as effected too much.

also... i agree with the post before... those scraper sites such as bizrate should NOT be in the index, they are worthless.

cagintranet, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  17. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have gained just few more back links during this J. It is visible now in all DCs

maldives, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  18. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I gained a few hundred backlinks, then lost about 150 over the past 4-5 days. Currently somewhere over 1000.

SERP's are about to give me heart trouble though. Everyday on the DP rankings, I have completely different results. I will have about 10 phrases in the top 100, then the next day, all or most of those have no ranking, and 5-10 different ones show up. This is happening every day.

I just want it back to how it was before, when all those phrases were showing up, with a few #1's, top 5's and top 10's. Going from 8000-9000 uniques per day to suddently having 1800 uniques per day sucks.

SportsOutlaw, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  19. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with you there.

My sites have been severely battered and I just don't know what to do about it.

Just have to wait this out I guess.

Christopher, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  20. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is really bugging me about this is that I was just getting to the point a couple months ago where I began looking into pursuing my website as my full time, primary income. I went to alot of work setting things up and putting alot of money into having my site completely redone and having it moved to a dedicated server. None of this has happened yet, but the site change and server move is planned for the end of next month.

I expected to suffer a temporary hit at that point, as URL's would be changing, now I am fearing just how much worse it will get with the way things are currently.

SportsOutlaw, Oct 27, 2005 IP