1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IwhiC problem ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by fvalente, Jan 21, 2008.

1. qualityhostings

qualityhostings Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, Aimee, My opinion is the same, All clients must have their own local backups. cPanel itself providing cool backup facility which will backup all the datas including database and even emails, and will send to another FTP account if required.

There are limitations for a host to take all their clients, clients clients ,clients clients clients backups and store them on the same server or another server..

qualityhostings, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. moneydude

moneydude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is problem with that hosting fixed? do u advice me to buy master resller from them or not ? thanks.

moneydude, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  3. ultimatehost

ultimatehost Peon

Best Answers:
    order at your own risk when you cab try for 10 days 20 says or 30 days then you can't ask for refund any more or you can't complaints

That is all guess this can help you to decide

And do remember to BackUP your site and your clients sites

ultimatehost, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  4. wvccboy

wvccboy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, backup your files every day... you never know when it'll go down and you'll lose data.

Other than that they're not too bad... they respond to tickets quickly.

wvccboy, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  5. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Iwhic has handled the situation well. Not much you can do when you have a dead hard drive.

Jamson, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  6. cabron

cabron Peon

Best Answers:
    1 dead hdd would've taken 1 day tops to replace and restore. I don't really think it was that as he brought some sites back to life. It was probably something else, but whatever it was more than 5 days of downtime is just unreasonable.

Even replacing the whole server would've taken less than 36 hours, including the accounts restoration.

Most likely he had no idea how to fix things and in the end probably reinstalled the os and moved back the accounts from one server to another. Just incompetence here, nothing more.

cabron, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  7. thewird

thewird Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should stop blabbering things without knowing what actually went down.

thewird

thewird, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  8. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely, don't comment on what you don't know, what was their priority, their daughter was sick, that should be and is the number one priority. they got things up as soon as they possibly could.

jflattery, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  9. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for putting your 2 cents in, but if it was as simple as moving the accounts from one server to another that would have been done. But instead we had to extract files from the hard drive that was basically unreadable. For what we had to work with I think we are pretty damn lucky that we were able to get what we could.

IwhiC, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  10. cabron

cabron Peon

Best Answers:
    So how could you get back accounts before doing the hdd swap and restoration?

cabron, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  11. cabron

cabron Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are too busy to do it for some reason hire someone that can. 5 days of downtime isn't explicable considering that in the 5th day he mentioned that the datacenter tech was doing that. Till then nothing!
    So it wasn't changed immediately.

cabron, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  12. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you...I have heard countless times "I don't know how to back up my site"

There is no excuse for that because in your cpanel there is a icon that says video tutorials every one should look at those.

Here is one that is probable the most important

http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/backup_lo.htm

cPanel has made this so much easier for people that need the extra help.

IwhiC, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  13. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 dead HDD could have taken more than 1 day to restore, depending on the damage. The DC might have stuffed things up too. Who cares. Things are fixed!

Jamson, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  14. Dudefromusa

Dudefromusa Guest

Best Answers:
    My site is Up

Dudefromusa, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  15. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist. I know there is still some frustration and Aimee and I have worked non stop 24 hours a day! Our clients are some of the best and understood the worst week we could dream of happened and I believe for the most part account restores are done! If any one is missing sites or needs full back ups extracted just let us know!
    Thank you
    Jason

IwhiC, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  16. Dudefromusa

Dudefromusa Guest

Best Answers:
    Holy Shit where are my Customer Accounts?
    Where did furd.net Vanish Man??

Dudefromusa, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  17. TNG-Michael

TNG-Michael Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Back in Dec 07, we had the opportunity to purchase the domain name, hostparlor.com and we acquired it around the end of Dec. Just to clear the air and any misconceptions regarding the domain name.

1) Hostparlor.com, the domain name, is now owned by us and not Eddie Keyton.
    2) We simply purchased the domain name as a means to drive traffic.
    3) We did not purchase the business, its customers or its assets. Iwhic took over the customer base, we purchased the domain name.

Eddie Keyton, although he tries to advertise and cause problems for us, continues to do so as has nothing better to do than to setup fake websites, E.G idea-hosting.com and continues to use all email addresses @hostparlor.com as if he still owned the domain. Let it be known, that all email addresses advertised on any site related to Hostparlor.com is now ours. Sites setup by Eddie that continue to depict our email addresses, links etc will continue to be taken down. As of this morning, idea-hosting.com is no longer online. :smile:

Unfortunately, we carry the bad rap of his doings and unethical business practices in a domain name. We continue to clear the hostparlor name as a reliable and caring hosting provider that has been offering hosting services under the name "thenamegame.com" for more than 8yrs.

While the domain name HOSTPALOR.COM now resolves to our business thenamegame.com has been in business for over 8yrs offering some of the most affordable and reliable hosting in the business. This is why 80% of our reseller have been customers for over 5yrs straight.

To put your mind at ease, or if you have any questions about hostparlor.com, thenamegame.com or any of our plans and services, we will be happy to answer any and all your questions.

Thank you and have a great day!

TNG-Michael, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  18. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Good on ya Michael ;) I'll inform you directly if another one of these pops up ;)

Cameron [NetXHosting], Jan 30, 2008 IP
  19. joker666

joker666 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry to bring up such a old thread but googling iwhic i found this post. server 2 at iwhic is still garbage. id say about 60% uptime is what im getting. they claim it was a namesever problem on my side using CAPS changed it to lowercase still crap.

Do NOT buy at iwhic unless u want a 50/50 chance of page not found

joker666, May 7, 2008 IP
  20. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello and Welcome to DP.

It may not be good to appear here and bash a well known and liked host.

Do you have any records of downtime of the server or proof because for all we know you could just be a competitor :cool:

Cameron [NetXHosting], May 7, 2008 IP