1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IwhiC merged with AHosting - Problems.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by SOULZRIPPER, Dec 23, 2008.

1. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Well my current website are all up. I hope they stay that way. I have faith in Jason and what he says. However if things get to worse I will probably transfer all my sites to TMZhosting. I have a good record with them and Daniel has always been friendly. Don't see prilep around for some time.. :(
    Cheerio

wptheme, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. sharmaine

sharmaine Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my site has never been downed, why is that? im hosted at patriotic

prilep is banned i think

sharmaine, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow did not know that Iwhic now belongs to ahosting, Well I guess I will just wait and see how things go, if things get bad, I will look for another Hosting company.

Tox, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  4. Buymesome

Buymesome Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1. Prilep is banned for posting duplicate threads by mistake. (At least that's what I know)
    2. He is not around as much because he is on vacation and he should be back on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to contact him just open a support ticket and in the subject type TO: Daniel and it will go directly to him.

Buymesome, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  5. tempscript

tempscript Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, was looking for an iwhic plan because of the support and friendly staff as well as reasonable prices...not looking any more.

tempscript, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  6. z613

z613 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    STAY AWAY!! For some reason my account was suspended without notice and without any notification to me. Do you wanna see what their 'Suspended' page looks like? It has 2 336x280 Google ads on it with one sentence. I think they suspended me on purpose so they could use thier MFA suspension page to cash in on MY TRAFFIC, I AM PISSED! Here is what their suspension page looks like http://8corebox.com/suspended.page/

z613, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  7. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Many providers do put ads on suspended pages, for more revenue. The provider should not suspend websites only for earning from these ads.

Also, I do not think Adsense allows this, so you may want to report it to Adsense. Normally, CPM ads are shown on such pages.

HostGator even places ads on your 404 pages.

Ishan

ishan, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  8. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not sure about the "suspended account page" but i saw some hosts using ads on the 404 page without problems.

newzone, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  9. urbt

urbt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This IwhiC thing just gets worse and worse... I am just glad I got out as soon as possible.

urbt, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  10. urbt

urbt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ahosting may be a big company, but look at the mess they've put all of their new customers into...

urbt, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  11. Teodor

Teodor Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, I highly recommend you not to worry, because every problem will be solved by intellectually gifted and skillful support team. I realize that ahosting.biz has nice reputation and it knows how to make everything working. I am definitely sure that Iwhic.com will stay stable and secure company.

Teodor, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  12. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I think the majority of problems have been solved now but there was quite clearly some big problems with downtime and lack of updates to customers. I had an affiliate account I had with them which disappeared without notice. I'd love to know what makes you think the support team is "intellectually gifted and skillful"? It's pretty much resolved now anyway, shame the original owners and new owners didn't plan the merger better.

venturefox, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  13. npx

npx Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Does anyone know when they merged? Because mid December everything went downhill. IP's changed without alerting me and they migrated customers onto my old IP immediately.
    IwhiC has been nothing short of excellent since I joined several months ago, their support was top notch and problems were fixed pretty quickly. Now everything seems slow support response is random 24hrs+ and so far my problem has stretched for days with the same response "We'll get back to you on it"

npx, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  14. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, i am still seeing some down time occasionally, and still after going through everything, nothing was given in compensation for there downtime or bad support.

Not even a sorry, just a "you dont count"

SOULZRIPPER, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  15. mike2008

mike2008 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, i dont agree with you Soulzripper.

I've also had problems with my account at their Freedom server.

And they have done their best to solve the problem!

You need to know there are several guys doing the support, and they are not all that good. One of them " Paul " gives very poor customer support. You can give ratings for the support.. so hope this will be better in future :)

mike2008, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  16. npx

npx Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What I really hate about the merger was the fact that the customers(us) were forced onto the altered plans without being alerted. The support now.. it's really annoying.
    1 week to get a back up.
    5 different back ups provided.
    5 different file sizes.
    ALL corrupt.
    3 broken links which took 2 days for them to realise that they gave me a dead link after being told that the link was infact broken.
    Then it took 3 days of pleading to get permission to download the backups myself from an account which was still active albeit suspended(long story)
    I understand the reasons for suspending my account, I never asked for a refund when switched onto a different plan. I never asked for a refund for all the downtime and the suspension WITHOUT warning. IT seems that the new owners believe that suspended account = immediate cancelation. No warning, no reasoning whatsoever.
    And I've been fair and good natured about all the problems spanning several weeks.

The death of the best webhost I've ever been with.. ?

Wish all the best for Aimee and Jason who've been nothing short of fantastic, providing the best webhosting and being there for the customers.

npx, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  17. Tox

Tox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They did that because if they ( alert ) people that the company was going to merge with another hosting company you know what happens ? simple people leave and the ( sell ) falls simple as that, you really belive thay where going to let customers know about the iwhic sale ? No way Jose, people selling dont care about customers they care about the money they will get, thats it, if they really care about the customers they would have inform them about the merge, but it did not happen here, oh well thats why I got out of there quick, best luck for the people who stay there.

Tox, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  18. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I have to agree with some of your points and disagree with others. It's very true that the original owner may have wanted it to remain a secret so he received the best sale price with all customers intact. This is a bad strategy for the buyers (ahosting) though because customers really don't like being left out of the loop, especially when that goes on to mean downtime and bad service.

I'm amazed, truely. That you can come here and claim everything is fine when there was clearly problems during the transition. I have no doubt that things will steadily get better from now on but many of the concerns brought up here were simply ignored. Also, this thread was created on the 23rd of December, I'm guessing when the sale began, yet that post you claim covers everything wasn't created until the 5th of January? I think that pretty much sums up how this sale went.

If you are still looking for an alternative proxy hosting provider you can check out the reviews on the link in my signature.

venturefox, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  19. pioneerr

pioneerr Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have hosted my web site with iwhic and I had some issues with them too. But now when ahosting.biz has bought them, no problems I have. A new company has done much to avoid issues which iwhic had before.

pioneerr, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  20. urbt

urbt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wish everybody would stop saying that AHosting is a big company and everything will be fine, especially if they haven't experienced the problems first hand. To be honest, having downtime of more than one day starts to seriously eat into profits. Imagine if you were running a site in a competitive niche, and when users can't access it for a whole day they decided to go to one of your competitors. You may lose half or more of your traffic, but what's worst is that you have effectively wasted all the time you put in to build the traffic in the first place.

I'm just astounded that AHosting haven't issued an official apology covering the whole period of Dec to Jan and offering to reimburse anyone who has suffered loss of traffic and/or profits as a result. This is a quote from their website:

All I can say is: they darn right weren't there 24/7.

urbt, Jan 14, 2009 IP