1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Iwebtool directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by formula, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bah I wanted to submit my directory to iWebTools Directory today but couldn't because they switched off submissions. Dammit :D

Ibn Juferi, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  2. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still don't feel there directory section is very well categorised to be perfectly honest...

sabian1982, Aug 15, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. manni

manni Active Member

Best Answers:
    Their category appears to be similar to the same lot from Google Directory. :D

Just out of curiosity, how is one directory owner supposed to move their previous listings to new set of categories without removing PageRank or having to ask their customers to re-list? I think what iwebtool did is perfectly normal and people are taking it out of proportion like before -- maybe to grab their piece of the cake :D.

manni, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I do think they have the right to move your listing. But as you have pointed it is unfair to move it to 05th level catagory with neither PR nor traffic. :rolleyes: I experienced samething to one of my site listed in site-sift. They move the listing from a PR6 page to a PR0 deep inner page. Good that iwebtool atleast notified you but unfortunately I was not even notified of the move. But, I have no big complain about it because I paid to get listed in the site index and it is still there. ;)

This is not the first time iwebtool came up with issues like this and craated dramas. My conclusion is they had no future plans at the beginning but, slowly they are waking upto the reality of the current situation and market trends. Basically the foundation was weak it the beginning.

maldives, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. rightit

rightit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is good that they are re-organizing the directory. But, when, we buy link that time we checked the targeted page condition. But, now, we are losing the benefits because of they re-organizing. This is really bad for the buyers.

rightit, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  6. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you navigate down to a subcategory you'll see the "Add Your Website Here" button to submit your site.

CReed, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  7. formula

formula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I asked for a refund, because I really can't find a good category. They said that they willing to give partially refund because the link was up for a year.

I really do understand it because they do accept links to level on category, so what they did is just to moved the old one who won't complain.

formula, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    look at the structure. you aren't anymore than 2 levels deep off the main directory in *ANY* category.

an0n, Aug 15, 2007 IP