1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've tried everything! I can't get my CSS height to 100%

Discussion in 'CSS' started by mlibman, Mar 20, 2013.

Can anyone help?

This is my page:
    http://creativemetrics.net/privacy.html

You can view the source for the styles...I just can't seem to get the height to 100%...it's driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Solved! View solution.
    mlibman, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know shit about css, but if you change it to

I bet it will work.

browntwn, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  3. mlibman

mlibman Peon

Best Answers:
    lmao! Yes, that would work but it's not how it needs to be done but thanks! ;)

mlibman, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  4. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I know it ain't right, but it works. It is like using duct tape to fix a website. lol

5. mlibman

mlibman Peon

Best Answers:
    oh I'm ready to do it...lol... but the site is for a client...I can't have all the extra white space on the other pages.

mlibman, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  6. browntwn

Best Answers:
    lol, hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can give you some real advice.

7. mlibman

mlibman Peon

Best Answers:
    you gotta stop getting me excited by thinking someone else posted...lol

mlibman, Mar 20, 2013 IP
    This is what will fix your issue :

Remove all height and min height properties, and give .content1 a hidden overflow, like this :
    .content1 {
    overflow:hidden;
    }

The floats aren't cleared, that is why it doesn't expand all the way.

BTW, that markup needs to be retouched a bit. I'll see what I can do about it.

wiicker95, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  9. mlibman

mlibman Peon

Best Answers:
    wiicker95 YOU ARE AWESOME!!! It worked...thank you thank you! I was trying everything so I'm sure there was a lot of useless stuff in there. I can't believe you don't need any sort of height...that's what everyone says to use...

THANKS AGAIN!!

mlibman, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wicker95 is right on the code being a bit heavy -- big tip, when you have a semantic tag like UL or FORM that's a perfectly good block level container, you don't need to slap two or three DIV around them.

Here your layout is horrifically broken, I suspect from using dynamic fonts inside a fixed width -- the fixed size image at the top and fixed sizes all over the layout make it an accessibility wreck even with the dynamic fonts. Dynamic fonts and dynamic layouts HAVE to be used hand in hand or not at all. (which is to say use both since not at all is inaccessible trash) -- it already reeks of "But I can do it in photoshop" and you're not even done yet.

Of course the jquery for nothing garbage being in there before you've even got a working layout isn't encouraging, much less it being a tranny, having two stylesheets before it even has media targets, inaccessible/incomplete form, complete lack of a unifying heading or document structure, broken/unreliable column construction method (look forward to the float drop in IE) ... it's bad.

... and the sad part is, it's still better than MOST of what people come here asking for help with.

deathshadow, Mar 21, 2013 IP