1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've lost access to my original account!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by G3w, Aug 12, 2019.

Hi guys!

First, I really tried getting to know a way of contacting forum admin(s) "1-on-1" e.g. by e-mail but as it seems this is not possible, and according to people in that thread the chance of getting direct correspondence over Twitter PM is slight, therefor I make this public thread instead.

Long story short, I signed up here almost a decade ago but the e-mail (gew**@****.**) I used then has fallen (company behind it went away over night, therefor I can't access that e-mail anymore. I have tried all the passwords I used back then but none seems to work. I'm thinking perhaps over the past decade you've might have had one of those "security breaches" and therefor reset all user accounts, and if that is the case I'm obviously changeless.

As you might see I've only been logged on one time, the very same registration day, so I've got no post history or anything like that. Thing is that I'm trying to have username consistency between web forums to keep it simply while logging it, so this solution (putting a "3" instead of "e") is far from optimal, in my book.

So, I'm simply hoping that you (adm) could find it in your hearts to see that it stands "beyond reasonable doubt" that I _am_ really the original "Gew", really wanting to reclaim his account, and help me out. If you could just delete this account and assign the e-mail I used for this signup for that other account, everything would be nice and dandy.

PS. I guess I "lied" when signing up this time, 'cuz it asked me if this was truly my only account here, which it obviously isn't, but I couldn't register until I marked that checkbox. Also, you shouldn't take notice to differences in "birthday" for the accounts. I'm a private person so I don't want to put my real DOB on any forums. Back then I simply put random number in there, but recent years I've started using the nostalgic starting point for the UNIX "cdate" (1970-01-01) as my DOB when signing up on boards, heh.

Anyways, this is a shot in the dark, but I'm really hoping we could work something out, so I haven't spent fifteen minutes writing this post to no avail! ;)

Cheers! / Gew

PS. If you choose to terminate this account, you could send me an e-mail to the address I signed up with now, giving me a status report.

G3w, Aug 12, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is the right way to do it. You've forgotten your password, it happens. Perhaps they can allow you to reregister. You appear legit to me, so good luck to you with this.:)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 12, 2019 IP
  3. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The forums since you last logged in have been migrated from vBulletin over to the Xenforo that it uses now. If it needs to be done direct against the database, then AFAIK only @digitalpoint will have the required access to do so

SpacePhoenix, Aug 12, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Let's see what we can do about this. As a backstop, you can ping me on twitter (itamer) if you need to.

@Gew == @G3w

sarahk, Aug 12, 2019 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You would need to somehow prove account ownership. Not sure how you would do that, we give you the opportunity to do it via password or email. Also, passwords were not reset here, nor was there a breach.

digitalpoint, Aug 28, 2019 IP
    deluxdon likes this.