1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've Got 227 Keywords for One Product on Adwords. I'm at a Loss with Bidding

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Sabrina73, Jul 24, 2016.

I have a food blog where I wrote a review about a deep fryer that I am selling via Walmart and I've got 227 keywords. Everyday, I look at the keywords, see which have been clicked on, which are getting impressions and I will evaluate after 30 days to see where I am at. I do notice, though, that only about 2-3 keywords are clicked on heavily and I'm wondering if I should focus on 10 keywords instead of the 200+ I have.

Also, I raised the bidding on some keywords, so I can get more exposure. I'm afraid at this point that I might have to mortgage my house for this! LOL.

Do you have an insight into keyword bidding, etc, so I can narrow this down? Also, any references that you got schooled about this will be very helpful. I am not ashamed to say that I am out of my league with this.

Thanks

Sabrina73, Jul 24, 2016 IP
  2. MrPrinson

MrPrinson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recommend you to read MozBlog on the differences between keywords and key phrases.
    by understanding them, you will have the knowledge to understand the answer to your question.
    the 200+ keywords are all different types of food ?

MrPrinson, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  3. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The keywords are different variations of the same thing. The only thing I am selling is a deep fryer. I have a Google campaign and just got a Facebook campaign too.

Sabrina73, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  4. MrPrinson

MrPrinson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try to stick to the core keywords, here is an article that will help you out : https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/keyword-research
    I have another question, are you using videos in your google / Facebook campaigns ?

MrPrinson, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  5. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sabrina73, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  6. ajblade

ajblade Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why not try long chain low competition variants for the keywords that you are getting most the traffic from, rather targeting generic keywords, long tail keywords with exact of phrase match will reduce the cpc. moreover raising bid is not a solutions unless you don't know which keywords is converting one so conversion tracking is a must which i think you are using.

ajblade, May 31, 2017 IP
  7. collegeOnlineJob

collegeOnlineJob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you heard of the 80/20 principle? It has been discovered by Pareto who discovered that 20% of the people earn 80% of the money.
    It can be applied to many different things, like 20% of the streets carry 80% of the traffic and so on.
    You can also use it for your keywords. That means, that 20% of your keywords get 80% of your success. So you should try to focus on the top 20% of your keywords and optimize them!
    I hope this helps :)

collegeOnlineJob, May 31, 2017 IP
  8. mpsmagoo

mpsmagoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can contact or call in agency, so they will make your way easy and solve your issues where you mostly struggle

mpsmagoo, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  9. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I also get very confused with bidding on keywords, It surprises me how much you have to bid to be on the first page results, Some of the time the bid recommendation is crazy high, I hope you sort it out.

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 10, 2017 IP
  10. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a low budget you should focus on high traffic keywords with low competition.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP