1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've been using duplicate (stolen) content since more than one year.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by corsicanu46, Dec 6, 2006.

1. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No and thanks for the red rep. Do we have to do that every time we disagree or atleast think we do?

I get tons of clients who have been ripped off by freelancers so warn people of that. I know there are honest ones like yourself and am not bad-mouthing you.
    Be careful judging a comment. I warn against seo and I myself am one. There are crooks in every field and people should be prepared for them.

visio, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  2. happymondays

happymondays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Leave the content on. Removing it will hurt your site.

Anyway, just think about removing all the duplicated content from the Internet... :)

happymondays, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. glorybeme

glorybeme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, you should check to make sure that the content was not stolen from YOU.

To find a new writer can you use the Buy,Sell, Trade -Content Category from DP?

glorybeme, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  4. parusa619

parusa619 Banned

Best Answers:
    Just reword your content and it would be fine. Unique content is the best

parusa619, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  5. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It also doesn't take long for your original work to get stolen, I have one page on my site that I wrote and wasn't up for 1 week before it was copied and reposted. It is possible the guy gave you original work. I'm just rewording sections of the page that was stollen from me, inparticular the first and last paragraphs, then scattered through out.

you can check http://web.archive.org/ to see who had it up first.

adacprogramming, Dec 12, 2006 IP
    LadyHoldem likes this.
  6. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    FYI you can't just reword content that has been stolen, when will people learn. Writers can still go after you if its obvious, if you want to risk your site leave it up.... Buts its a really bad move to do so.

ConstantContent, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  7. princess06

princess06 Banned

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear that...

Just replace your content with an original one. stolen content was never good. do an action now before it's too late.

princess06, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  8. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Constant Content, pull the article, at least temporarily until/unless you can be sure it wasn't stolen. Most successful websites get plagiarised, and this could well have happened to you. There may be clues in the content of the article, that will help you figure out who the genuine author was.

Another possibility is that the freelancer resold the article in the belief that he/she did not sell you the copyright.

Visio, warning people never to use freelancers just because a few are crooked is like telling people never to buy cars/shoes/holidays/etc, because they might get ripped off. It's ridiculous. The buyer just has to exercise caution, as with absolutely any other transaction.

What you should be telling your clients is how to avoid problems, by using Copyscape, checking a freelancer's reputation, getting references, and so on, and not just to avoid all freelancers whatsoever. But here's a fundamental truth: all business relies on trust. At some point you're going to have to trust someone just a little, or you'll never be able to buy or sell anything.

Obelia, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  9. nicuz

nicuz Peon

Best Answers:
    You're joking right? I never paid more than $15 for a 500 words article. I was also satisfied with the quality too.

nicuz, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  10. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You found a great deal, and an undereducated writer when it comes to marketing, the minimum I charge for 500 words is $50, and it does go up from there.

I'd keep your writers hidden, never let them find out that there are people out there that will pay more, or help them out, and teach them how to market their service ;)

~LadyH

LadyHoldem, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  11. hereyago

hereyago Active Member

Best Answers:
    i guess it's your fault for not checking

hereyago, Dec 18, 2006 IP