1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've Been Scammed By PtcPay.com gen3!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jambon, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    If you're considering buying the gen3 script from ptcpay - DON'T! I bought their lifetime script and received nothing in return! When I questioned them about it they merely said to "wait and the problem will be resolved within a couple days". A couple months passed and they didn't respond to any future emails, forum posts or any other attempt to contact them. I finally logged into my client area today to find that all records of my purchase and license have been deleted!!!

They literally stole my money!:mad:

Avoid them like the plague! ptcpay is a scam, watch out!

jambon, Jun 9, 2009 IP
    Refresher likes this.
  2. Coolster44

Coolster44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to buy a PTC script. Gen3 did appear to be the best one, but you are saying that the official site is a scam. So what do I do. Can anybody please tell me which PTC script is good?

Coolster44, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  3. Bluman09

Bluman09 Peon

Best Answers:
    If i would be in your pants I wouldn't wait that long. Now its impossible to get your money back

Bluman09, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  4. Mischa C

Mischa C Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have sought legal advice immediately after hearing nothing from them after a week, too much time may have past now, but it's never too late to ask...

Mischa C, Jun 22, 2009 IP
  5. CrazyDictator

CrazyDictator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm the owner of PTCPay and I'd like you all to know this is absolutely not true. All orders are processed within 12 hours(usually within 5 minutes) unless they are suspicious, in which case we take longer to make sure it is not a fraudulent order. You can always use our live chat to let us know if anything went wrong and we'll work it out right there and get you what you paid for. I have more than 150 happy customers, and tons of websites running using GeN3. How could these sites exist if the people didn't receive the script?

CrazyDictator, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  6. UNBREAKABLE

UNBREAKABLE Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to make the topic starter happy because he feels that you have scammed him. Word of Mouth can really benefit or damage your business.

Make all things right. Maybe refund his money and give him a free script. He feels violated and that's not right.

UNBREAKABLE, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  7. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be better "not to post"... and ask the member for all their correspondence, emailed transaction receipts, email replies, credit card statement etc... those things demonstrate a relationship existed.

Additionally, your own "financial records" would also show a discrepancy - a payment made that isn't associated with any transaction... even this would support the guys claim.

Then 1 of 2 actions:
    1. refund or
    2. provide script
    Doing nothing but saying "this is absolutely not true" implies it is true.

Where does the member hint at who he is so you can investigate to determine a claim validity?

You're pulling what is called a "bait & switch"... initially commenting on the validity of the complaint and then deflecting it because you have 150 other people that aren't this person and saying that's proof that he doesn't exist.

IMHO you are lying.

fathom, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  8. Trudgernaught

Trudgernaught Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems to me like jambon is diverting traffic from ptcpay.com to build hype for a site of his own maybe? Scammed scammers?

TRUDGERNAUGHT

Trudgernaught, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  9. tomcash

tomcash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you're the owner, saying "this is absolutely not true" is not enough.
    I'm not judging you but from my point of view, each customer should get what they pay for.
    He said no respons for months, so how could you answer this statement and make it clear for us.
    Let's say it's not true, do you have any proof that it's not true?
    Why didn't you respons to jambon's compaint?

tomcash, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  10. CrazyDictator

Best Answers:
    This is absolutely not true, because this person is not my customer. I can't refund him, he never made an order. I will not send him a product he didn't pay for. This is complete lies, and if anything I should be looking to sue him for slander. We have no unprocessed orders.

I'm going to guess this guy is trying to sell a similar script and trying to damage my reputation to sell more of his. I didn't even know this thread existed until a customer linked me the other day.

This person is a fake. I'd like to see a screenshot of this order he supposedly placed? Or even the email he sent..

CrazyDictator, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  11. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well don't fret... I'm sure he'll send you everything you need ... or not and if not... the shoe's on the other foot now.

fathom, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  12. CrazyDictator

Best Answers:
    If anyone has any information as to the identity of this person please don't hesitate to let me know.

CrazyDictator, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  13. THESHAOLIN1

THESHAOLIN1 Member

Best Answers:
    Well the OP hasn't replied to his thread since he made it June 9th? Does this imply anything? Seem's a bit suspicious to me IMO

THESHAOLIN1, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  14. jambon

jambon Member

Best Answers:
    Holy jebus, everyone's all over the place in this thread... You don't respond to a thread you made months ago and people start declaring you this and that...

As an update and response to everything...

1. I am a customer of ptcpay, and my story was true. However, I used a different username when buying. And there is more to the story at this point which I didn't even think to update in this thread until now... which I've appended below.

2. The idea of me making things up in an effort to gain visitors to my site is completely insane... Seriously, I don't even have a site linked in my signature or profile and I haven't made a follow up to this thread in months... I don't see how that could seem like I was just trying to get traffic... and NO I don't have a competing product, there is no need for one in the first place as their script is fine (see appended part below).

3. As it stands retribution to my claim has been made which I am satisfied with.

4. "and if anything I should be looking to sue him for slander" - I am entitled to my opinion and freedom of speech. And besides, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on because at the time of writing those words they were 100% accurate. And if you look at the definition of slander "words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another". Since they were true there is no case. So my lawyer tells me :)

"If anyone has any information as to the identity of this person please don't hesitate to let me know. " well after threats of trying to sue me are made I'm very hesitant to even update this thread or reveal who I am... But because this story has a happy ending I'm sure everything will work out.

Anyways to append more information about this story...

In the end after several months and many emails, (and even giving up hope) things finally worked out. New staff members were hired and I'm happy to say that after the release of their new 1.3 version I was finally given my lifetime license...

All in all my experience with ptcpay wasn't as nice as it could have been, but in the end they DID deliver what was promised. And now that there is more staff on board making the product even better I can confidently say that I'd recommend the script.

Unfortunately I can't edit my original posting, or else I would. Perhaps deleting this entire thread all together would help. (I'll put in an email to staff)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    jambon, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  15. tomcash

tomcash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Show him the screenshot of the order Jambon, just to proof that you're right

tomcash, Sep 12, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.