1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Its Not My Problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by clancey, Jul 5, 2007.

I just encountered an amazing "Its not my problem" response. I subscribe to a commodity newswire service which charges USD$105 per month. Most of the material on the site comes from Dow Jones and the provider is eSignal.

They carried a news article about a tender in Iraq, with the URL to the government entity's website. I went to the website and it tried to download two viruses and run access another program. My anti-vurus scanner blocked the viruses, and my browser would not run the program without my permission. I contacted eSignal, warning them that they were carrying a story with a URL to a website which was trying to infect visitor's computers. The response:

I am contacting Dow Jones directly, but I personally find this to be an amazing irresponsible attitude. Users of that service are going to assume it is safe -- it effectively contains their stamp of approval. Or am I just expecting too much from major corporations?

clancey, Jul 5, 2007 IP